Reports to: Topher Rinek, Senior Director of Data + Systems
Start Date: July 2017
Location: Flexible, but preferred within one of the OneGoal Regions: Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Houston, TX; Massachusetts; New York City, NY
Position Filled By: June 2017
In 1970, 6% of students from low-income communities completed college. Today, that number is a mere 9%. Anchored in this belief, we have one goal: college graduation. Period. At OneGoal, we believe we must move the needle on this most critical challenge facing our nation especially given it is solvable. We believe all students have what it takes to earn a college degree, and should have a real opportunity to fulfill their potential. Our Director of Reporting + Analysis will join a national movement changing the trajectory for our country’s most underserved youth during a unique window in time:
- By 2017, OneGoal will serve more than 9,300 students (“OneGoal Fellows”) in 180 schools in six states across our country.
- OneGoal’s teacher-led, in-school, three-year college access and success model is reversing the odds. While nationwide, only 9% of kids in low-income communities graduate from college, 82% of OneGoal Fellows enroll in college and 78% are persisting or have graduated from college.
- Since 2013, OneGoal has grown in staff size by an average of 50% and with over 100 staff members, is embarking on “Phase III” of our growth stage, anticipating additional growth to new regions.
You believe – and your work has demonstrated your belief – that all students can earn a college degree and the life that comes with it. The Director of Reporting + Analysis (DRA) is a member of the Data + Systems team, which is responsible for managing all data systems and tools, including GradTrack—a customized Salesforce platform that serves as OneGoal’s primary data platform.
As the Director of Reporting + Analysis, your mission is to empower OneGoal staff to make data-driven decisions by providing them with real-time data insights and analysis. The DRA will support the broader mission of the Data + Systems team to equip OneGoal Fellows, teachers, and staff members with intuitive tools and powerful insights that are needed to achieve excellent outcomes. You will do this by:
- Leading and managing OneGoal’s performance management efforts to ensure that all functional teams and regions have access to real-time progress, insights, and historical benchmarks to improve organization performance.
- Equipping OneGoal staff members with user-friendly, dynamic reports and powerful insights to increase their capacity to make informed decisions.
- Enhancing and developing a reporting infrastructure to support all scheduled and one-off reporting requests across varying systems – Salesforce, Excel, HRIS, QuickBooks, etc.
Though the Director of Reporting + Analysis is likely to see himself/herself/themselves in the following examples, these are not requirements. These examples are designed to help you determine if this opportunity aligns with your own passion and purpose.
You love using data to tell a story.
- You are a clear communicator and understand the power of data when it’s presented correctly. You have an innate ability to help make data and analysis digestible for all types of learners and working styles, but you also understand that data only tells part of the story and you are driven to get the data in the right hands to help advance our mission.
- You acknowledge the role bias and privilege play in analysis and seek to mitigate this in your practice.
You are a problem solver.
- You enjoy and have experience working with complex data sets and systems. You understand the nuances of different databases, relationships between variables, and how to connect data to create usable data sets.
- Whether you’re working with program, development, or talent data, you are excited to take on any reporting or analysis challenge to help us reach our mission.
You are a synthesizer and strategist.
- You have a unique ability to provide a bird’s-eye view and see trends that other people can’t see. You use your proximity to the data and all functional teams to strengthen your synthesis and recommendations, and your recommendations are in the best interest of our Fellows in the short- and long-term.
You build the capacity of others.
- You are passionate about supporting the needs of others and pride yourself in providing best in class support. You obsess over finding better ways to visualize data to help others identify key trends and insights.
- You are proactive in managing up to others to build capacity laterally and vertically. You take initiative to find “teachable moments” and model for others how to ask the right questions to learn from data.
You strive to make others more effective and efficient.
- You design reports and tools that help others become better at their jobs, but you do it in a way that also saves them time and helps them feel empowered to use data to inform their work.
- You consistently design solutions with the end user in mind and build sustainable solutions that can be automated and easily reproduced on a daily, weekly, and quarterly basis. More than anything, you strive to build the capacity of others to use data strategically.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
- Demonstrated experience with data analysis with the ability to quickly learn new metrics, processes, and data sets (Required)
- Advanced Excel skills (Required)
- Statistical or data analysis experience (Required)
- Salesforce or CRM administrator experience (Preferred)
- Previous experience in the communities we serve (Preferred)
Guided by a clear set of core values and beliefs, you will join an impressive group of more than 100 OneGoal staff across the country who believe in the untapped potential within students. The OneGoal team challenges themselves and others to regularly ask, “Is there a better way?”
The Tangible Good
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package which provides individual professional development funds, retirement matching, generous paid and sick time off, an Annual Staff Retreat and even “Fun Days.”
You Believe in People and are Committed to Equity and Inclusion.
You believe in an inclusive and culturally competent society and the essence of our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that in order to create the change we seek, each person we hire brings a remarkable and diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics that individually and collectively, will contribute to the radical change needed to move us towards a more equitable and just nation.
THROW YOUR HAT IN THE RING
Explore our website to learn more and apply by following the link below.
OneGoal is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual expression, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood.