New York Mentorship Program
Become a Mentor, Change a Life
In New York City, the disparity in college degree attainment between students from low-income and high-income communities is vast. We believe that community and relationships are critical to advance our mission and close this degree divide, and we’re excited to launch our pilot mentorship program this year. We hope to leverage the talent and experience of OneGoal supporters to provide individualized support to our Fellows as they embark on their postsecondary journeys.
- Goal: Mentors will provide targeted, one-on-one support to Fellows in critical areas including:
- College essay editing
- Completing post-secondary applications
- Building a resume and participating in mock interviews
- General career advice
- Pairings: We will do our best to pair mentors and mentees based on shared interests.
- Time commitment: Mentors and mentees will meet for one hour each month (virtually or in person), starting in January and concluding in June. We also hope to organize an in-person gathering of all participants in the Spring.
Are you a professional hoping to become a mentor?
For volunteer mentors, this program is an opportunity to make a direct, meaningful impact on the life of a student.
Are you a OneGoal Fellow looking for a mentor?
For students, this program is an opportunity to learn from a professional who is experienced in your fields of interest and receive direct support in essay writing, resume building, and more.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.