Position: Account Executive (Director Level)
Position Type: Internal-External
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Jeron Schmidt, Senior Director of Partnerships + Growth
Start date: November 2022 / December 2022
Location: Preferred within a OneGoal region: Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Houston, TX; Boston, MA; New York City, NY; Bay Area, CA, but flexible within the following states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C.
Salary Range: $71,000-$80,000 is the hiring salary range (i.e. the range a candidate would be offered to start). Please note: OneGoal aligns salaries to Cost of Labor, so the actual salary offered would be dependent on the Cost of Labor in the candidate’s living location.
Despite decades of work and millions of dollars invested, the degree divide continues to be one of our nation’s most complex and critical injustices, with deep roots in systems of oppression and racism. Only 22% of students from low-income communities earn a college degree, compared to 67% of their peers from high-income areas.
COVID-19 further exposed and exacerbated inequity, with communities of color and those in low-income areas impacted at disproportionately high rates. We are looking for individuals to join us in our fight for equity during this extremely critical time.
- OneGoal has grown from a small afterschool program serving just 32 students in Chicago to a nationwide movement that is serving some 13,500 students in six communities.
- Our model, honed over 15 years, has three core differentiators: A rigorous, culturally relevant content and experience, cohorts of students who can support each other over the course of three years, and a teacher who supports our most vulnerable students’ long-term ambitions.
- 84% of OneGoal high school graduates enroll in a postsecondary institution and 75% of those who enroll persist one year after high school.
OneGoal Partnerships + Growth
By 2025, OneGoal expects to deliver both direct- and system-level impact program services and partnerships. We will impact 50,000 students directly through a student-facing program and 150,000 students through system-level (indirect) products/services. To achieve this ambitious goal, we will undertake a state-wide strategy that has two core components: (1) transition existing OneGoal regions to deliver multiple products, across larger geographies, at both the system- and direct-impact levels, and (2) identify new markets, opportunistically, to continue to expand our presence, nationally. This individual will support both of these strategies.
The 2025 vision, therefore, requires a robust Partnership and Growth team that supports a unified Sales vision for the organization. More importantly, this team will ensure that OneGoal achieves its goal of generating 60% of its revenue through fee-for-service.
You believe – and your work has demonstrated your belief – that all students can earn a postsecondary degree and the life that comes with it.
In partnership with the Senior Director of Partnerships + Growth, you will execute the vision and direction for sales at OneGoal by leveraging the sales operations tools and executing a go-to-market strategy. As the Account Executive (aka Director of Partnerships + Growth), you will be in a key client-facing role, continuing to build the OneGoal brand, stewarding key decision-makers (e.g. Superintendents, Head of College and Career Readiness, Head of High Schools, Principals) to partner with OneGoal, securing public dollars in support of the partnership, and building relationships with influencers across the industry.
You will take part-ownership of revenue generation for the organization. You will qualify new sales leads and maintain a developed pipeline of prospects through several outreach methods. You will manage a large book of business, ushering a prospect through the sales pipeline. You will leverage Salesforce for tracking and developing strong/ongoing relationships with different partners. You will support regions as they engage school/district leaders in multi-product contracts that support our org-wide vision to increase public funding and expand our reach and impact.
You will do this by:
- Contributing to the growth and expansion of new and existing partners across states, districts, and state-wide organizations (~65% of role). This work will include:
- Executing on district and state-specific expansion and renewal plans
- Building and maintaining relationships with leaders at districts, schools, and peer organizations
- Developing a pipeline of individual districts and large-scale, statewide, partnerships that leads to new partnerships for the organization
- Retaining and growing partnerships with current partners
- Attending conferences on behalf of OneGoal to build brand awareness, pipeline, and relationships to key individuals in the education space.
- Executing sales tactics by utilizing various sales tools and resources to support the organization’s growth and revenue goals (~20% of role). This work will include:
- Contributing to a sales monitoring system that allows for continuous improvement and strategic sales oversight
- Regularly report on the status of the sales pipeline and identify trends, barriers, opportunities, and successes
- Providing real-time market feedback and how it may impact our growth strategy
- Completing professional development and learning centered around role-specific topics that enhance your personal development as well as the development of our sales team (~10% of role).
- Special projects/duties as assigned by the manager that contribute to the overall sales operations, function, and success of the organization (~5% of role).
The Account Executive is likely to see himself/herself/themselves in the following examples as they are designed to help you determine if this opportunity aligns with your own passion, purpose, skills, and experiences.
You are driven by a strong belief that all students deserve an equitable opportunity to achieve their greatest postsecondary aspirations.
- You are committed to supporting OneGoal’s core values, which are anchored in becoming an anti-racist organization
- You believe that students in underserved communities face real systemic barriers to postsecondary completion, and that empowering their families, their teachers and themselves to own their unique path will ensure they overcome those barriers.
- You believe that districts play a critical role in achieving the type of scale we need to ultimately close the degree divide in our nation; they are our channel to scale
You know “Sales” and can apply it to the field
- You understand the sales process
- You display passion and energy when engaging with prospects
- You consistently exceed sales targets and hit sales activity metrics
- You understand the leading indicators that ensure key performance indicators connected to achieving sales/growth targets are achieved; you leverage data regularly to understand progress to goal against these indicators
- You understand district budgeting processes and can operate strategically to ensure OneGoal is successful at securing public funds
You are comfortable in “the grey” and can establish “new” systems where none exist.
- You see challenges as opportunities to take your critical thinking skills and impact to the next level. You operate with a strong sense of personal responsibility when it comes to solving challenges
- You are curious, flexible, and comfortable leaning into the unknown to create change
- You can make important decisions with less than perfect information ensuring that perfect is not the enemy of good
You believe relationships lead to results.
- You thrive with opportunities to collaborate and influence others.
- You have an exceptional ability to persuasively and clearly communicate with school and district stakeholders in a way that conveys time sensitivity, empathy, understanding, and balance.
- You are highly effective at building authentic and long-lasting relationships with key stakeholders.
- Lived experience of the Fellows we serve (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
- 3+ years of experience in sales as an Account Executive or similar (Required)
- Knowledge of the education space with direct experience selling a program to school districts (Preferred)
- Experience using Salesforce, or a similar CRM, to manage and forecast sales opportunities (Preferred)
- Ability to travel up to 3 days every month (Required)
This position requires that the employee be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on or before the start date. Consistent with applicable laws, OneGoal will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability (as defined by applicable law) or sincerely-held religious beliefs, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship on OneGoal.
Guided by a clear set of core values and beliefs, you will join an impressive group of more than 170 OneGoal staff across the country who believe in the untapped potential within students. The OneGoal team challenges themselves and others to regularly ask, “Is there a better way?”
The Tangible Good
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package* which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, retirement matching, paid parental leave, and more. We also offer a generous paid time off policy, including 20 paid vacation days, holidays and 9 wellness days (flexible sick time).
*OneGoal reserves the right to change benefits at anytime according to business need.
You believe in people and the promise of humanity and are committed to equity and inclusion
You believe in an inclusive and culturally competent society and the essence of our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that in order to create the change we seek, each person we hire brings a remarkable and diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics that individually and collectively, will contribute to the radical change needed to move us towards a more equitable and just nation.
Throw Your Hat in the Ring. Please use the “Apply For This Job Now” link at the bottom of this page to complete an application, which includes attaching an updated resume and cover letter explaining your passion and alignment to this position.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to submit an application or to participate in the application or interview process, please reach out to our Human Assets Team to request an accommodation. Our Human Assets Team can be contacted at 773-321-2630 or HumanAssets@onegoalgraduation.org.
OneGoal is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of actual or perceived sex, race, color, ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability (mental or physical), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, parenthood, genetic characteristic or information, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.