Reports to: Einat Gratziani, Senior Director of Digital Marketing (National)
Desired Start date: October, 2022
Location: Preferred within a OneGoal region: Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Houston, TX; Boston, MA; New York City, NY; Bay Area, CA, but flexible within the following states: Alabama, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C., Wisconsin
Salary Range: $74,000 – $79,000 is the hiring salary range (i.e. the range a candidate would be offered to start). Please note: OneGoal aligns salaries to Cost of Labor, so the actual salary offered would be dependent on the Cost of Labor in the candidate’s living location.
Despite decades of work and millions of dollars invested, the degree divide continues to be one of our nation’s most complex and critical injustices, with deep roots in systems of oppression and racism. Only 22% of students from low-income communities earn a college degree, compared to 67% of their peers from high-income areas.
COVID-19 further exposed and exacerbated inequity, with communities of color and those in low-income areas impacted at disproportionately high rates. We are looking for individuals to join us in our fight for equity during this extremely critical time.
- OneGoal has grown from a small afterschool program serving just 32 students in Chicago to a nationwide movement that is serving some 13,500 students in six communities.
- Our model, honed over 14 years, has three core differentiators: A rigorous, culturally relevant content and experience, cohorts of students who can support each other over the course of three years, and a teacher who supports our most vulnerable students’ long-term ambitions.
- 84% of OneGoal high school graduates enroll in a postsecondary institution and 75% of those who enroll persist one year after high school.
The Director of Digital Marketing is an integral member of the Marketing + Communications team, which oversees brand and message development, marketing strategy, digital channels, project management, creative, and communications.
The Director of Digital Marketing develops our website and email strategy and oversees execution, including planning, implementing, and monitoring OneGoal’s website and email campaigns to build our brand and support the growth needs of the organization.
You will do this by:
- Developing and implementing strategies for the OneGoal website to promote OneGoal brand, attract and engage visitors and generate potential leads, while monitoring and optimizing website health.
- Developing and executing email marketing strategy to build and to drive increased OneGoal brand awareness and customer acquisition.
- Supporting regions and teams in the development of their email campaigns and to centralize email and website platforms
Though the Director of Digital Marketing is likely to see themselves in the following examples, these are not requirements. These examples are designed to help you determine if this opportunity aligns with your own passion and purpose.
You believe deeply in our Fellows and their ability to achieve their greatest postsecondary ambitions
- You believe that our Fellows face real systemic barriers and that empowering their families, their teachers, and themselves to own their unique path will help them to overcome those barriers.
- You have audacious hope for a future where every young person in America will have a real opportunity to reach their greatest postsecondary aspirations–and the life that comes with it.
You are a strategic visionary.
- You are driven by a bold vision of how to rally external audiences around OneGoal’s mission and vision.
- You can quickly and effectively build momentum around that vision across OneGoal website and email campaigns.
- You can also break down a complex vision into clear, tangible, and measurable milestones to achieve ambitious goals.
You excitedly identify and confront challenges and opportunities.
- You are a self-starter who is adaptable, curious, and have a sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on our mission to close the degree divide.
- You see challenges as opportunities to take your critical thinking skills and impact to the next level.
- You are detailed-oriented, persistent problem solver that operates with a strong sense of personal responsibility when it comes to solving challenges.
- You have strong organizational skills that enable you to stay on track on many long-term projects as well as pivot to identify and pursue strategic opportunities.
- You analyze data and marshal resources to ensure results are aligned with our goals and KPIs.
You are highly effective at building authentic and long-lasting relationships with key stakeholders.
- Your relationships with key stakeholders are authentic and grounded in honesty, integrity, and trust. You earn people’s trust and maintain it by understanding their viewpoint.
- You have a strong ability to address and navigate conflict in a way that leads to productive outcomes and be a strong model or resource for others.
You are a compelling and effective communicator.
- You have the ability to adapt messages to different audiences in order to inspire stakeholders.
- You discern the appropriate mode of communication, depending on the situation and audience..
You value working collaboratively and innovatively.
- You take pride in learning to stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices and innovations.
- You constantly strive to learn from and share learnings with your teammates, no matter your current knowledge or experience.
- You know when and how to engage other key stakeholders that have the insight and positional authority to help you and others overcome obstacles and seize viable beneficial opportunities in a timely way.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
- Lived experience of the Fellows we serve (Preferred)
- Minimum 5 plus years of relevant work experience in developing and implementing digital marketing strategies
- Excellent content creation and writing skills
- Good knowledge and hands on experience with marketing automation online tools (Especially, WordPress, Constant Contact and Pardot).
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of SEO best practices to grow web traffic metrics and lead generation.
- Demonstrated time management and project management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- HTML, CSS knowledge (Preferred)
- Creativity and experience building creative content (i.e. images, videos, web pages) aligned with brand guidelines and style guides
This position requires that the employee be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on or before the start date. Consistent with applicable laws, OneGoal will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability (as defined by applicable law) or sincerely-held religious beliefs, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship on OneGoal.
Guided by a clear set of core values and beliefs, you will join an impressive group of more than 170 OneGoal staff across the country who believe in the untapped potential within students. The OneGoal team challenges themselves and others to regularly ask, “Is there a better way?”
The Tangible Good
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package* which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, retirement matching, paid parental leave, and more. We also offer a generous paid time off policy, including 20 paid vacation days, holidays and 9 wellness days (flexible sick time).
*OneGoal reserves the right to change benefits at anytime according to business need.
You believe in people and the promise of humanity and are committed to equity and inclusion
You believe in an inclusive and culturally competent society and the essence of our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that in order to create the change we seek, each person we hire brings a remarkable and diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics that individually and collectively, will contribute to the radical change needed to move us towards a more equitable and just nation.
Throw Your Hat in the Ring
Please use the “Apply For This Job Now” link at the bottom of this page to complete an application, which includes attaching an updated resume.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to submit an application or to participate in the application or interview process, please reach out to our Human Assets Team to request an accommodation. Our Human Assets Team can be contacted at 773-321-2630 or HumanAssets@onegoalgraduation.org.
OneGoal is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of actual or perceived sex, race, color, ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability (mental or physical), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, parenthood, genetic characteristic or information, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.