Reports to: Einat Gratziani, Senior Director of Digital Marketing (National)
Desired Start date: October, 2022
Location: Preferred within a OneGoal region: Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Houston, TX; Boston, MA; New York City, NY; Bay Area, CA, but flexible within the following states: Alabama, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C., Wisconsin
Salary Range: $60,000 – $62,500 is the hiring salary range (i.e. the range a candidate would be offered to start). Please note: OneGoal aligns salaries to Cost of Labor, so the actual salary offered would be dependent on the Cost of Labor in the candidate’s living location.
Despite decades of work and millions of dollars invested, the degree divide continues to be one of our nation’s most complex and critical injustices, with deep roots in systems of oppression and racism. Only 22% of students from low-income communities earn a college degree, compared to 67% of their peers from high-income areas.
COVID-19 further exposed and exacerbated inequity, with communities of color and those in low-income areas impacted at disproportionately high rates. We are looking for individuals to join us in our fight for equity during this extremely critical time.
- OneGoal has grown from a small afterschool program serving just 32 students in Chicago to a nationwide movement that is serving some 13,500 students in six communities.
- Our model, honed over 14 years, has three core differentiators: A rigorous, culturally relevant content and experience, cohorts of students who can support each other over the course of three years, and a teacher who supports our most vulnerable students’ long-term ambitions.
- 84% of OneGoal high school graduates enroll in a postsecondary institution and 75% of those who enroll persist one year after high school.
The Digital Marketing Manager supports the development of our organic and paid social media strategy and manages its execution to elevate our brand, engage in relevant, meaningful conversations, and to support strategic sales, development and program campaigns. They also manage digital marketing infrastructure to optimize content creation, management, and team operations.
You will do this by:
- Collaborating with our community to create effective content and engaging with audiences on all social channels consistent with OneGoal’s brand
- Monitoring content and analyzing results to identify trends and inform our strategy, and maximizing functionality for OneGoal’s social media channels
- Executing our paid social media strategy and analyzing results.
- Maximizing MarComm’s digital marketing tools (Canva, Intranet (Happeo) + Bynder) to increase team effectiveness and engage internal stakeholders
Though the Manager of Digital Marketing is likely to see themselves in the following examples, these are not requirements. These examples are designed to help you determine if this opportunity aligns with your own passion and purpose.
You believe deeply in our Fellows and their ability to achieve their greatest postsecondary aspirations..
- You believe that our Fellows face real systemic barriers and that empowering their families, their teachers, and themselves to own their unique path will help them to overcome those barriers.
- You have audacious hope for a future where every young person in America will have a real opportunity to reach their greatest postsecondary aspirations–and the life that comes with it.
You are a compelling and effective communicator.
- You have a tremendous ability to adapt messages to different audiences in order to inspire stakeholders.
- You discern the appropriate mode of communication, depending on the situation and audience, to build champions and convert skeptics.
- You will be a champion for content excellence, and play a key role in sharing the OneGoal stories that we tell and how we share them with our key audiences – with increased focus on social media and email camapaigns.
You are committed to diversity and inclusion.
- You seek to understand and celebrate the unique identities of the individuals with whom you interact; you advocate for and elevate the voices of marginalized people and communities especially those from which our Fellows come; you integrate your knowledge, skills and mindsets related to diversity and inclusion into every aspect of the work.
- You continuously build your understanding of privilege and oppression especially within the context of our country, education system, and college divide.
Execution is your wheelhouse.
- You get things done. People know you as someone who works effectively organizing, prioritizing, tracking and managing workflow. You marshal and use appropriate data and resources.
- You’ve demonstrated the ability to work diligently towards your goals and can comfortably pivot and try new strategies when challenges arise or priorities shift.
- You are organized and even though you are highly effective at executing, you don’t go at it alone. You know that collaboration and teamwork is key to innovation and you are comfortable investing people in a project and leading a project team towards a rigorous execution of your plan.
You are a continuous learner.
- You are constantly learning, adapting and developing. You create and seize opportunities to refine your knowledge, skills and mindsets in both your personal and professional life. When there is a setback you accept responsibility and accountability.
- You proactively seek feedback, practice active listening, act on feedback as necessary, all because you seek to be the best version of yourself.
You value working collaboratively and innovatively.
- Staff leader in leveraging social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other emerging social platforms, and working with national and regional teams and other contributors to maximize their efforts to engage the audience and build brand awareness
- You constantly strive to learn from and share learnings with your teammates, no matter your current knowledge or experience.
- Minimum 2 plus years of relevant work experience in managing social media channels and paid campaigns
- Lived experience of the Fellows we serve (Preferred)
- Experience managing paid search, display and paid social campaigns across multiple engines and ensure program specific ROI goals are being met
- An understanding of DAM systems, their uses and workflows, technical understanding of how different eDAM systems should be implemented and integrated. (Preferred)
- Experience with content creation from videos and graphics to blog posts and infographics that can be incorporated in OneGoal Emails, websites and social media
- Knowledge in Photoshop, Canva or comparable design programs are a plus
This position requires that the employee be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on or before the start date. Consistent with applicable laws, OneGoal will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability (as defined by applicable law) or sincerely-held religious beliefs, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship on OneGoal.
Guided by a clear set of core values and beliefs, you will join an impressive group of more than 170 OneGoal staff across the country who believe in the untapped potential within students. The OneGoal team challenges themselves and others to regularly ask, “Is there a better way?”
The Tangible Good
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package* which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, retirement matching, paid parental leave, and more. We also offer a generous paid time off policy, including 20 paid vacation days, holidays and 9 wellness days (flexible sick time).
*OneGoal reserves the right to change benefits at anytime according to business need.
You believe in people and the promise of humanity and are committed to equity and inclusion
You believe in an inclusive and culturally competent society and the essence of our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that in order to create the change we seek, each person we hire brings a remarkable and diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics that individually and collectively, will contribute to the radical change needed to move us towards a more equitable and just nation.
Throw Your Hat in the Ring
Please use the “Apply For This Job Now” link at the bottom of this page to complete an application, which includes attaching an updated resume.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to submit an application or to participate in the application or interview process, please reach out to our Human Assets Team to request an accommodation. Our Human Assets Team can be contacted at 773-321-2630 or HumanAssets@onegoalgraduation.org.
OneGoal is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of actual or perceived sex, race, color, ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability (mental or physical), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, parenthood, genetic characteristic or information, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.