Reports to: Ainsley Robles, Senior Director of Program, OneGoal- Massachusetts
Desired Start date: July 1, 2022
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Salary Range: $73,000-76,000 is the hiring salary range (i.e. the range a candidate would be offered to start).
Despite decades of work and millions of dollars invested, the degree divide continues to be one of our nation’s most complex and critical injustices, with deep roots in systems of oppression and racism. Only 22% of students from low-income communities earn a college degree, compared to 67% of their peers from high-income areas.
COVID-19 further exposed and exacerbated inequity, with communities of color and those in low-income areas impacted at disproportionately high rates. We are looking for individuals to join us in our fight for equity during this extremely critical time.
- OneGoal has grown from a small afterschool program serving just 32 students in Chicago to a nationwide movement that is serving some 12,500 students in six communities.
- Our model, honed over 14 years, has three core differentiators: A rigorous, culturally relevant content and experience, cohorts of students who can support each other over the course of three years, and a teacher who supports our most vulnerable students’ long-term ambitions.
- 88% of OneGoal high school graduates enroll in a postsecondary institution and 79% of those who enroll persist one year after high school.
Massachusetts leads the nation in most educational outcomes, yet it is also home to some of the starkest racial and economic disparities in public education. We believe that OneGoal is and will continue to be an integral part of the solution. In just five years, our Massachusetts region has grown to serve more than 1,000 Fellows across 15 high schools in 11 districts and 14 postsecondary partners – and demand for our program is growing. For more information about the Massachusetts Region, click here.
As the Director of Program, you will lead our Postsecondary Persistence Strategy and coach OneGoal Program Directors (teachers) to successfully deliver the OneGoal Program. You will design and lead the Program Director and OneGoal Fellow (student) experience for their first year after high school in a manner that ensures more students persist and complete. You will also guide and lead a cohort of our teachers to develop key mindsets, and activate their many talents to ensure each OneGoal Fellow (student) in their class pursues their highest post-secondary aspirations.
As the Director of Program, key aspects of your role include:
Lead Postsecondary Strategy
- Leverage student data, trends, and insights to set strategy and change course when needed
- Lead programmatic partnerships with OneGoal National teams and external partnerships designed to increase student persistence and completion
- Collaborate with program team to support, train and coach OneGoal Program Directors with students in their first year of postsecondary
- Design and implement comprehensive communication plan for Fellows
Directly support cohorts of OneGoal classrooms and teachers
- Build trusting relationships with Program Directors and leverage training, observations, and 1:1 coaching as the key drivers to influence your portfolio of teachers
- Provide ongoing and reactive support to Program Directors to ensure they feel affirmed and supported to customize the OneGoal experience of their Fellows to fit their school’s context
- Collaborate with Program Directors to develop and implement data-based short-term and long-term strategies to meet year-end goals
Support ongoing curriculum modifications, pilot projects and programmatic partnership development
- Partner with Senior Director of Program on programmatic pilots to differentiate support for subset of Program Directors participating in pilot program
- Review program curriculum and tools for classroom-based part of the program, work collaboratively with other team members to provide feedback and seek opportunities to modify to fit local postsecondary landscape and opportunities
- Support partnerships with local CBOs that can enrich our curriculum, program experiences and/or offer opportunities for our students and teachers
Regional Team Responsibilities
- Serve as an active member of the Massachusetts Program Team, Teacher Support Subteam and participate in regular region-wide team meetings, stepbacks and retreats
- Build strong relationships with key OneGoal national team stakeholders across the organization to achieve outcomes
The Director of Program is likely to see himself/herself/themselves in the following examples as they are designed to help you determine if this opportunity aligns with your own passion, purpose, skills, and experiences.
You believe deeply in our Fellows and their ability to graduate from their highest postsecondary aspiration.
- You believe that in order to close the national degree divide, Fellows need to be supported to pursue their highest postsecondary aspiration and that higher education institutions must transform to be more student-ready.
You believe deeply in our teachers and their ability to support Fellows on their postsecondary path.
- You know that if provided with appropriate coaching and training, educators in Massachusetts are ready, willing, and able to support Fellows as they set their postsecondary visions and take the steps to realize those visions.
You are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- You share our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- You seek to understand and celebrate the unique identities of all people, and advocate for and elevate the voices of marginalized people and communities especially those from which our Fellows come.
- You integrate your knowledge, skills and mindsets related to diversity, equity, and inclusion into every aspect of the work.
- You continuously build our understanding of privilege and oppression especially within the context of our country, education system, and college divide.
You are a culturally relevant instructional designer.
- You have a passion for designing learning experiences that support students in making sense of their community, national, and global identities, and understand what it looks like to develop a practice of culturally relevant pedagogy that is rooted in love and leads to student-centered instruction.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
- At least two years prior teaching experience or working in direct service with young people with demonstrated results (Preferred)
- Experience with high school level curriculum (Preferred).
- Experience coaching teachers (Preferred)
- Knowledge of Massachusetts education landscape (Highly Preferred)
- Position requires some travel to school partners throughout Massachusetts; a valid driver’s license + access to a vehicle is required
This position requires that the employee be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on or before the start date. Consistent with applicable laws, OneGoal will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability (as defined by applicable law) or sincerely-held religious beliefs, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship on OneGoal.
Guided by a clear set of core values and beliefs, you will join an impressive group of more than 150 OneGoal staff across the country who believe in the untapped potential within students. The OneGoal team challenges themselves and others to regularly ask, “Is there a better way?”
The Tangible Good
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package* which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, retirement matching, paid parental leave, and more. We also offer a generous paid time off policy, including 20 paid vacation days, holidays and 6 wellness days (flexible sick time).
*OneGoal reserves the right to change benefits at anytime according to business need.
You believe in people and the promise of humanity and are committed to equity and inclusion
You believe in an inclusive and culturally competent society and the essence of our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that in order to create the change we seek, each person we hire brings a remarkable and diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics that individually and collectively, will contribute to the radical change needed to move us towards a more equitable and just nation.
Throw Your Hat in the Ring
Please use the “Apply For This Job Now” link at the bottom of this page to complete an application, which includes attaching an updated resume and brief cover letter explaining your passion and alignment to this position.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to submit an application or to participate in the application or interview process, please reach out to our Human Assets Team to request an accommodation. Our Human Assets Team can be contacted at HumanAssets@onegoalgraduation.org.
OneGoal is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of actual or perceived sex, race, color, ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability (mental or physical), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, parenthood, genetic characteristic or information, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.