Position: Director Partner Success, District Partnership Program
Position Type: Internal-External
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Andrew Schmitz, District Partnership Program
Start date: February 1, 2023
End date: This is a 1-year position with potential for contract extension incumbent upon strategic growth model
Location: Preferred within a OneGoal region: Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Houston, TX; Boston, MA; New York City, NY; Bay Area, CA, but flexible within the following states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C.
Salary Range: $72-78k is the hiring salary range (i.e. the range a candidate would be offered to start). Please note: OneGoal aligns salaries to Cost of Labor, so the actual salary offered would be dependent on the Cost of Labor in the candidate’s living location.
A postsecondary education unlocks opportunities and economic mobility not only for students, but entire communities. Yet for millions of underserved students, it remains out of reach: only 22% of students in low-income communities earn a postsecondary degree compared to 67% of students from high-income communities. This is not for lack of ambition or talent, but for lack of opportunity and support. OneGoal’s model, honed over 15 years, delivers a culturally relevant experience that works: 82% of OneGoal high school graduates enroll in a postsecondary institution and 73% of those persist one year after high school graduation. We are looking for individuals to join us in our pursuit of equity.
District Partnership Program Team:
The District Partnership Program (DPP) team exists to support OneGoal in creating a postsecondary solution for districts that is scalable, affordable on public dollars, and impactful. Partner districts will transform the postsecondary pathway experience for students across the system by building the capacity of multiple adults already in those districts who directly impact critical postsecondary outcomes, and by embedding postsecondary success programs/systems/tools into the fabric of K12 education.
To achieve this mission, our overarching goals are to: (1) improve student postsecondary outcomes in partner DPP districts, (2) increase the investments of public dollars in the program, (3) support districts to institutionalize transformative and equitable systems that support student postsecondary success, and (4) hire, retain, and grow a highly talented DPP team that continuously innovates in support of our broader vision: to close the degree divide in America.
This is a full-time, temporary position with the possibility of expanding into a more permanent role, based on continued growth and sustainability of the work.
The Director of Partner Success on the District Partnership Program team will support external partners to successfully implement the OneGoal classroom model. The mission of this role is to set the vision and direction for the suite of supports/tools that complements our Program Director/Site Director trainings (led by the Senior Director, Training & Support) in our classroom model. This includes strengthening and developing our systems and processes for teacher support and overall partner customer service, as well as reviewing key trends by leveraging data/analytics. Additionally, this individual will collaborate closely with the Senior Director, Teacher Support on overall partner feedback trends, user experience, and partnership health.
The core responsibilities include:
- Effective Implementation (35%)
- Supporting the initial and ongoing implementation processes of the OneGoal program model at new and returning partner schools
- Ensuring the successful launch of the program at the start of the Fall 2023 academic year
- Troubleshooting any challenges partners have with the implementation of the OneGoal program during the start of the school year
- Exceptional Customer Service (25%)
- Providing best-in-class customer service that reflects our core values and makes all partners feel valued
- Quickly responding to the needs of school partners to ensure that issues are resolved in a manner that does not interfere with program implementation
- Managing a “help desk” to support school partners in a timely manner
- Impact (20%)
- Develop and refine key operational systems and processes necessary to maximize the full potential of the District Partnership Program team’s impact
- Effectively communicating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure you (a) understand the needs of partners and (b) address them in a manner that meets their needs
The remainder of this individual’s time will be dedicated to people management and engagement in broader DPP team and org-wide team meetings, including living into our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion statement.
You believe deeply in our Fellows and their ability to graduate from a postsecondary institution
- You believe that our Fellows face real systemic barriers to postsecondary completion, and that empowering their families, their teachers and themselves to own their unique path will help them to overcome those barriers.
- You believe a user-centered design approach ensures that our program is responsive to students AND leads to the greatest impact on post-secondary outcomes.
You live and breathe customer service
- You believe your work is successful when that of our OneGoal partners is
- You understand how to de-escalate issues and ensure that partners are satisfied with OneGoal’s programs and services
- Your primary interest is ensuring that partners have what they need to successfully implement the OneGoal program
You are a highly organized project manager.
- You understand that the highest-impact projects cannot be accomplished alone.
- You are committed to leveraging systems and processes for providing transparency in your process and clarifying roles and responsibilities so everyone has the information they need.
- You follow through on your commitments because you know that your team is depending on you.
- You know when to make adjustments and develop timelines that are at the intersection of ambitious and feasible.
- You love developing and maintaining organizational systems that make things easy to find and easy to use.
You are a compelling and creative communicator.
- You have a knack for developing simple, easy-to-understand content that speaks to the hearts and minds of your intended audience.
- You have the ability to adapt messages to different audiences in order to inspire people to act.
- You discern the appropriate mode of communication to build investment, depending on the situation and audience.
- Lived experience of the Fellows we serve (Preferred); OneGoal Alumni strongly encouraged to apply
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
- 2+ years of curriculum writing experience at the middle or high-school level, including emphasis on understanding student experience (Required)
- Knowledge of and experience with postsecondary systems and structures [eg. FAFSA, Common Application, etc] (Required)
- Familiarity with conducting interviews, surveys, focus groups; willingness to learn how to conduct qualitative research (Preferred but not required)
- Experience with writing and publishing social media content (A Plus)
- Ability to travel a few days every month, once COVID-19 related travel restrictions are lifted
This position requires that the employee be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on or before the start date. Consistent with applicable laws, OneGoal will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability (as defined by applicable law) or sincerely-held religious beliefs, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship on OneGoal.
Thinking Of Applying?
Research shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you are excited about the role and see connection with what we are looking for, but don’t meet every single requirement, we’d encourage you to apply anyway.
Please use the “Apply For This Job Now” link at the bottom of this page to complete an application.
Guided by a clear set of core values and beliefs, you will join an impressive group of more than 190 OneGoal staff across the country who believe in the untapped potential within students. The OneGoal team challenges themselves and others to regularly ask, “Is there a better way?” You believe in an inclusive and culturally competent society and the essence of our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that in order to create the change we seek, each person we hire brings a remarkable and diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics that individually and collectively, will contribute to the radical change needed to move us towards a more equitable and just nation.
The Tangible Good
OneGoal offers competitive compensation based on the market for nonprofits our size. Our benefits package* includes: over eight weeks of paid time off (or 43 business days), between vacation days, wellness time, and holidays; paid medical or parental leaves should you have need; medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance; as well as a 401(k) with a 3% match.
We believe in compensating staff members fairly in relation to each other, their qualifications, and their impact on behalf of the organization, and take internal and external equity seriously. Given our commitment to equity, OneGoal does not negotiate salary offers; instead each salary offer is determined carefully using external and internal benchmarking. You will have an opportunity to discuss salary in more detail after you begin the hiring process.
*OneGoal reserves the right to change benefits at anytime according to business need.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to submit an application or to participate in the application or interview process, please reach out to our Human Assets Team to request an accommodation. Our Human Assets Team can be contacted at 773-321-2630 or HumanAssets@onegoalgraduation.org.
OneGoal is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of actual or perceived sex, race, color, ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability (mental or physical), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, parenthood, genetic characteristic or information, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.