Position: IT Coordinator, National (Chicago)
Position Type: Internal-External
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Anthony Hernandez, Senior Director of IT, National
Start date: November 2023
Location: Chicago, IL
Pay Range: $23.00-$24.00 per hour (or an expected annual rate of $48,000-$50,000) is the hiring pay range. This is the range a candidate would be offered to start.
OneGoal transforms postsecondary advising and support so that every student can define their own future. Together with our partners, we’re building a movement to close the opportunity gap. We work side-by-side with partner schools and districts to build their knowledge and capacity. The result is more equitable and effective support for all students. Our unique approach, honed over 15 years, prioritizes strong human relationships. And it’s proven to deliver real student impact. 82% of OneGoal high school graduates enroll in a postsecondary institution, and 73% of those who enroll persist one year after high school. An independent study by the University of Chicago found that OneGoal students are about 40% more likely to earn their postsecondary degrees than students from similar backgrounds. We are looking for individuals to join us in our pursuit of equity.
OneGoal is seeking an IT Coordinator to be responsible for all day-to-day technology needs for the organization including our Fellow Online Experience. With offices in Chicago, Houston, New York, Massachusetts, Metro Atlanta, and the Bay Area and with remote workers across the country, the IT Coordinator will support staff members across a variety of environments, troubleshooting tickets of varying issues to ensure that staff have the IT resources and infrastructure necessary to effectively and efficiently get their work accomplished. The IT Coordinator will assist with making sure our fellows and alumni have access to our online platforms in partnership with the regions. This person will also work in partnership with the other members of the IT team to assist in day-to-day operations and projects in line with IT’s vision and strategy as led by the Director of IT and the Senior Director of IT.
- Day-to-day operations and tasks (80%)
- Help Desk/Support:
- Using our online ticketing system, answer tickets in a prompt manner; provide timely follow-up to end-users via chat, phone and/or email; document updates and escalate policy or systems-level changes to the Director of IT or Senior Director of IT
- Coordinate Help Desk priorities with the Senior Director of IT and Manager of IT
- Work with operations managers across the organization to provide technical support to all OneGoal regions
- Maintain an on-site presence at the Chicago office to assist staff and the National Operations team as needed
- Add, update, modify solution articles
- Assist with the continued customization of the Help Desk system
- Follow and enforce IT guidelines, policies and procedures
- Tech Support for our Fellow Online Experience
- Work with OneGoal’s National Operations Manager and regional operations managers on shipping logistics and vendor management
- Track, maintain and organize IT deliveries
- Hardware and Inventory:
- Manage, test and securely store all hardware deliveries
- Set up and maintain video equipment, laptops and all hardware inventory
- Track, process and maintain the hardware inventory system
- Ensure the on-time provisioning, shipping, recycling and overall logistical coordination of new hire equipment and supplies
- Manage hardware inventory throughout the hardware lifecycle: Provisioning for new hires, preparing laptops for collection and deprovisioning, and storing laptops and other equipment in a secure and organized manner.
- Help Desk/Support:
- Strategic Project Assistance (10%)
- Assist the IT department with deployment of strategic projects and innovative solutions
- Technology Inventory (10%)
- Track inventory, including updating the inventory sheets, ensuring the IT team has up-to-date information for all hardware changes and updates across the organization. Properly label, store and manage all equipment
- Occasionally work with vendors on logistics
Though the IT Coordinator is likely to see himself/herself/themselves in the following examples, these are not requirements. These examples are designed to help you determine if this opportunity aligns with your own passion and purpose.
You believe deeply in our Fellows and their ability to graduate from college.
- You believe that our Fellows face real systemic barriers to college graduation, and that empowering their families, their teachers and themselves to own their unique path will help them to overcome those barriers.
You build the capacity of others.
- You are passionate about supporting the needs of others and pride yourself in providing best in class support.
- You obsess over finding better ways to leverage data to help others make data insightful and actionable.
- You are proactive in managing up to others to build capacity laterally and vertically. You take the initiative to find “teachable moments” and model for others how to ask the right questions to learn from data.
You excitedly identify and confront challenges and opportunities.
- You see challenges as opportunities to take your critical thinking skills and impact to the next level. You operate with a strong sense of personal responsibility when it comes to solving challenges.
- You analyze data and marshal resources to ensure our staff have what they need to achieve our mission.
You value working collaboratively and innovatively.
- You constantly strive to learn from and share learnings with your teammates, no matter your current knowledge or experience.
- You know when and how to engage other key stakeholders that have the insight and positional authority to help you and others overcome obstacles and seize viable beneficial opportunities in a timely way.
- You do not operate as a blind executor of pre-existing practices; instead, you thoughtfully evaluate the OneGoal program and identify ways to elevate our program’s effectiveness.
You are a creative thinker and thrive in complex and nonlinear systems.
- You like to explore and build innovative approaches and have designed new ways of doing things.
- You are an ideas person. Thinking outside of the box is not difficult for you and you enjoy coming up with new ways to solve old problems.
- Problem solving excites you. In fact, encountering a challenge doesn’t discourage you, it just fuels your determination to go back to the drawing board to develop a different approach. Mistakes are simply an opportunity to learn.
- You’re comfortable with non-linear thinking. You know there are multiple pathways to arriving at a solution and you are open to new ways of thinking and doing in order to get to the best possible outcome.
You are a clear and direct communicator.
- You prescribe and differentiate your methods and modes of communication based on the greatest potential for impact.
- You strike a balance between messaging that requires swift and short clarity, as well as those that would benefit from greater detail and depth of explanation.
- You are proactively thorough and often follow-up to ensure that any missing information or clarifications are resolved and that messaging has been received as intended by your various audiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (Required)
- 2+ years of professional experience in an IT environment (Required)
- Demonstrated ability to manage a high, weekly Help Desk ticket volume (Required)
- IT service experience specifically as a Help Desk Technician (Strongly Preferred)
- General networking and network administration knowledge (routers and wireless access points) (Preferred)
- Familiarity with Google Apps and Services (Required)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 and experience troubleshooting Microsoft Windows environments (Preferred)
- Familiarity troubleshooting and configuring Windows 10/Server (Required)
- Familiarity with VPN, Microsoft Server/Active Directory/DNS (Required)
- IT/Asset inventory management experience (Required)
- Demonstrated experience training Staff on IT protocols and policies (Preferred)
This position requires that the employee be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on or before the start date. Consistent with applicable laws, OneGoal will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability (as defined by applicable law) or sincerely-held religious beliefs, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship on OneGoal.
Thinking Of Applying?
Research shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you are excited about the role and see connection with what we are looking for, but don’t meet every single requirement, we’d encourage you to apply anyway. Please click “Apply For This Job Now” below to complete an application.
Guided by a clear set of core values and beliefs, you will join an impressive group of more than 200 OneGoal staff across the country who believe in the untapped potential within students. The OneGoal team challenges themselves and others to regularly ask, “Is there a better way?” You believe in an inclusive and culturally competent society and the essence of our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that in order to create the change we seek, each person we hire brings a remarkable and diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics that individually and collectively, will contribute to the radical change needed to move us towards a more equitable and just nation.
The Tangible Good
OneGoal offers competitive compensation based on the market for nonprofits our size. Our benefits package* includes: over eight weeks of paid time off (or 43 business days), between vacation days, wellness time, and holidays; paid medical or parental leaves should you have need; medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance; as well as a 401(k) with a 3% match.
We believe in compensating staff members fairly in relation to each other, their qualifications, and their impact on behalf of the organization, and take internal and external equity seriously. Given our commitment to equity, OneGoal does not negotiate salary offers; instead each salary offer is determined carefully using external and internal benchmarking. You will have an opportunity to discuss salary in more detail after you begin the hiring process.
*OneGoal reserves the right to change benefits at any time according to business needs.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to submit an application or to participate in the application or interview process, please reach out to our Human Assets Team to request an accommodation. Our Human Assets Team can be contacted at 773-321-2630 or HumanAssets@onegoalgraduation.org.
OneGoal is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of actual or perceived sex, race, color, ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability (mental or physical), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, parenthood, genetic characteristic or information, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.