Position Type: Internal/External
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Andrea Anstett, Senior Director of External Affairs, San Francisco, CA
Start date: by March 30, 2023
Location:Preferred within a OneGoal region: Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Houston, TX; Boston, MA; New York City, NY; Bay Area, CA, but flexible within the following states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C.
Salary Range: $57,000 – $60,500 is the hiring salary range (i.e. the range a candidate would be offered to start). Please note: OneGoal aligns salaries to Cost of Labor, so the actual salary offered would be dependent on the Cost of Labor in the candidate’s living location.
A postsecondary education unlocks opportunities and economic mobility not only for students, but entire communities. Yet for millions of underserved students, it remains out of reach: only 22% of students in low-income communities earn a postsecondary degree compared to 67% of students from high-income communities. This is not for lack of ambition or talent, but for lack of opportunity and support. OneGoal’s model, honed over 15 years, delivers a culturally relevant experience that works: 82% of OneGoal high school graduates enroll in a postsecondary institution and 73% of those persist one year after high school graduation. We are looking for individuals to join us in our pursuit of equity.
As the Manager of Development Operations, you are responsible for establishing a best-in-class Development shop at OneGoal through strategy and innovation. The individual in this role will find and explore new ways to make the development work at OneGoal more efficient and effective.
You will do this by:
- Leading Gift Processing across the organization: You will develop and maintain a strong partnership with Finance in order to support accurate books and forecasting, while also building the knowledge and collective acumen of OneGoal Gift Processors. (25%).
- Leading DevTrack (OneGoal’s Salesforce platform) maintenance and innovation in partnership with the Senior Director of External Affairs (40%).
- Collaborating effectively with OneDev to equip development staff with the tools and resources they need to make our collective work more effective and efficient (25%).
- Providing general support to the External Affairs and broader OneDev team as needed and participating in team-wide projects (10%).
- Position requires quarterly travel (up to 1-2 trips/quarter)
The Manager of Development Operations is likely to see himself/herself/themselves in the following examples as they are designed to help you determine if this opportunity aligns with your own passion, purpose, skills, and experiences.
You believe deeply in the brilliance of all students and in their ability to earn a postsecondary degree.
- You believe that our Fellows face real systemic barriers to postsecondary completion and that empowering families, teachers, and students to own their unique path will help them to overcome those barriers.
You are a clear and direct communicator.
- You prescribe and differentiate your methods and modes of communication based on the greatest potential for impact.
- You strike a balance between messaging that requires swift and short clarity, as well as those that would benefit from greater detail and depth of explanation.
- You are proactively thorough and often follow-up to ensure that any missing information or clarifications are resolved and that messaging has been received as intended by your various audiences.
Execution is your wheelhouse.
- You get things done. People know you as someone they can depend on to come through for them. You are trusted by your colleagues because you follow through on your commitments and you circle back and close the loop on communication cycles.
- You’ve demonstrated the ability to work diligently towards your goals and can comfortably pivot and try new strategies when challenges arise or priorities shift.
- Even though you are highly effective at executing, you don’t go at it alone. You know that collaboration and teamwork is key to innovation and you are comfortable investing people in a project and leading a project team towards a rigorous execution of your plan.
You value working collaboratively and innovatively.
- You constantly strive to learn from and share learnings with your teammates, no matter your current knowledge or experience.
- You know when and how to engage other key stakeholders that have the insight and positional authority to help you and others overcome obstacles and seize viable beneficial opportunities in a timely way.
- You do not operate as a blind executor of pre-existing practices; instead, you thoughtfully evaluate the OneGoal program and identify ways to elevate our program’s effectiveness.
You are able to see your direct impact and influence from behind-the-scenes.
- You understand that spending time drafting an email, inputting data in our CRM, and/or planning a teacher training will ultimately support our efforts to close the college divide.
- You draw joy and energy from seeing your colleagues thrive through the systems you create; though you may not be seen as the lead by internal and external stakeholders, you are anchored in the unique value you bring to the team.
- Creating, maintaining, evaluating and enhancing systems to maximize efficiency and deliver quality outputs in a fast-paced environment.
You are organized and have a keen attention to detail.
- Things don’t fall through the cracks with you because you understand what’s at stake. You’re proactive in establishing personal systems and processes to ensure your ability to keep track of high volumes of information, to easily access it and to use that information to make data-informed decisions.
- You are a strong planner and are constantly assessing your priorities to manage self/up/out on diverse projects, against competing deadlines and around unanticipated requests. This allows you to be responsive to the needs of others and solve problems as they arise.
- Lived experience of the Fellows we serve (Preferred)
- 2-4 years of experience in a non-profit organization and/or development role (Preferred)
- Exceptional writing and communication skills (Required)
- Strong project management and planning skills (Required)
- Ability to navigate uncertainty and change and thrive in an environment of continuous learning and innovation (Required)
- Ability to travel, once COVID-related restrictions are lifted.
- Will likely travel 3-4 times per year for team-centered retreats. Trips typically last 2-3 days.
This position requires that the employee be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on or before the start date. Consistent with applicable laws, OneGoal will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability (as defined by applicable law) or sincerely-held religious beliefs, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship on OneGoal.
Thinking Of Applying?
Research shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you are excited about the role and see connection with what we are looking for, but don’t meet every single requirement, we’d encourage you to apply anyway. Please click “Apply For This Job Now” at the bottom of the page to start your application!
Guided by a clear set of core values and beliefs, you will join an impressive group of more than 190 OneGoal staff across the country who believe in the untapped potential within students. The OneGoal team challenges themselves and others to regularly ask, “Is there a better way?” You believe in an inclusive and culturally competent society and the essence of our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that in order to create the change we seek, each person we hire brings a remarkable and diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics that individually and collectively, will contribute to the radical change needed to move us towards a more equitable and just nation.
The Tangible Good
OneGoal offers competitive compensation based on the market for nonprofits our size. Our benefits package* includes: over eight weeks of paid time off (or 43 business days), between vacation days, wellness time, and holidays; paid medical or parental leaves should you have need; medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance; as well as a 401(k) with a 3% match.
We believe in compensating staff members fairly in relation to each other, their qualifications, and their impact on behalf of the organization, and take internal and external equity seriously. Given our commitment to equity, OneGoal does not negotiate salary offers; instead each salary offer is determined carefully using external and internal benchmarking. You will have an opportunity to discuss salary in more detail after you begin the hiring process.
*OneGoal reserves the right to change benefits at anytime according to business need.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to submit an application or to participate in the application or interview process, please reach out to our Human Assets Team to request an accommodation. Our Human Assets Team can be contacted at 773-321-2630 or HumanAssets@onegoalgraduation.org.
OneGoal is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of actual or perceived sex, race, color, ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability (mental or physical), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, parenthood, genetic characteristic or information, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.