Reports to: Loreal Latimer, Senior Director, Program Innovation
Desired Start date: September 2022
Location: Preferred within a OneGoal region: Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Houston, TX; Boston, MA; New York City, NY; Bay Area, CA, but flexible within the following states: Alabama, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C., Wisconsin
Salary Range: $57,000-60,000 is the hiring salary range (i.e. the range a candidate would be offered to start), assuming a Chicago Cost of Labor. Please note: OneGoal aligns salaries to Cost of Labor, so the actual salary offered would be dependent on the Cost of Labor in the candidate’s living location.
Despite decades of work and millions of dollars invested, the degree divide continues to be one of our nation’s most complex and critical injustices, with deep roots in systems of oppression and racism. Only 22% of students from low-income communities earn a college degree, compared to 67% of their peers from high-income areas.
COVID-19 further exposed and exacerbated inequity, with communities of color and those in low-income areas impacted at disproportionately high rates. We are looking for individuals to join us in our fight for equity during this extremely critical time.
- OneGoal has grown from a small afterschool program serving just 32 students in Chicago to a nationwide movement that is serving some 13,500 students in six communities.
- Our model, honed over 14 years, has three core differentiators: A rigorous, culturally relevant content and experience, cohorts of students who can support each other over the course of three years, and a teacher who supports our most vulnerable students’ long-term ambitions.
- 84% of OneGoal high school graduates enroll in a postsecondary institution and 75% of those who enroll persist one year after high school.
OneGoal is launching our 2025 Strategic Plan focused on improving our impact, scale, and sustainability. Our Controller will play an integral role in ensuring we are able to balance these three as we take on new and exciting opportunities to solve this problem at scale. By 2025, OneGoal Fellows will be on track to graduate at two times the rate of students from similar backgrounds. We will have successfully diversified our product offerings to increase equitable postsecondary advising across entire systems. And we will be ready to achieve impact at scale, responding to the massive injustice of the degree divide with a bold solution of equal force.
As the Manager of Innovation + Pathways, you will be an integral part of the team responsible for reimagining the success component of our program model (i.e., the supports we provide Fellows after high school) so that OneGoal reaches its mission of eliminating the degree divide in America. Your mission is to be a trusted and knowledgeable partner with regional team members to eliminate barriers to access and awareness for progressive pathways options for Fellows locally. Progressive Pathways describes non-degree programs that are designed to prepare students for work that leads to increased earnings and economic opportunities. You will conduct landscape analysis to equip regions with high-quality databases of progressive pathways and ultimately ensure Fellows in those regions have a curated set of options. You will also have a focus on researching and curating a list of high-quality scholarships with corresponding deadlines to support mitigating financial barriers for Fellows nationally.
The Manager of Innovation + Pathways will work towards the following outcomes on an annual basis:
- Ensuring that all OneGoal regions have a database of local and high-quality progressive pathways that align with regional Fellow Aspirations and the growing labor market. (60%)
- Vetting regional progressive pathways through the organizational “What Counts Framework” so that they can be accessed through our internal data systems resulting in an increase in enrollment & persistence in high-quality, low-cost pathways. (20%)
- Building an organization-wide scholarship bank with region-specific and national opportunities that will reduce financial barriers to enrollment. (10%)
- Contributing to strengthening the OneGoal community: Work to achieve meaningful outcomes, contribute to building a strong team and culture, and commit to your own learning + development aligned to our Core Values. (10%)
The Manager of Innovation + Pathways is likely to see himself/herself/themselves in the following examples, as they are designed to help you determine if this opportunity aligns with your own passion, purpose, skills, and experiences.
You believe deeply in our Fellows and their ability to achieve their postsecondary dreams.
- You believe that our Fellows face real systemic barriers towards achieving their greatest postsecondary aspirations, and that empowering their families, their teachers, and themselves to own their unique path will help them to overcome those barriers.
You’re a builder! Though you don’t wear a construction hat, you thrive on:
- Creating, maintaining, evaluating,, and enhancing systems to maximize efficiency and deliver quality outputs in an innovative organization.
You value working collaboratively and innovatively to build the capacity of others.
- You are passionate about supporting the needs of others and pride yourself in providing best-in-class support.
- You know when and how to engage other key stakeholders that have the insight and positional authority to help you and others overcome obstacles and seize viable, beneficial opportunities in a timely way.
- You do not operate as a blind executor of pre-existing practices; instead, you thoughtfully evaluate the OneGoal program and identify ways to elevate our program’s effectiveness.
You are a researcher at heart.
- You see the value in not only knowing if a solution works but why and how it works as well.
- You believe that context matters and the importance of listening first.
- You are a relentless seeker of information, driven by what motivates people to partner with us to support our Fellows in having access to high quality postsecondary options. You are hungry to understand who the people and organizations are nationally who will be compelled by OneGoal, our students, and our results.
You care about the details.
- You know that thoughtful, well-crafted external materials are considered a reflection of our organization’s health and management and ensure that everything we share externally is accurate and without errors.
- You get energy from planning and from moving a project from start to finish and you are constantly thinking about the potential for impact with each action you take.
You are a highly organized project manager.
- You are committed to leveraging systems and processes for providing transparency in your process and clarifying roles and responsibilities so everyone has the information they need.
- You set and pursue goals at the intersection of ambitious and feasible, with a high sense of possibility.
- You follow through on your commitments because you know that others are depending on you.
You are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- You seek to understand and celebrate the unique identities of the individuals with whom you interact; you advocate for and elevate the voices of marginalized people and communities,, especially those from which our Fellows come; you interrogate your own understandings, bias, and privilege and reflect on how they play out in your work.
- You see becoming a more equitable and inclusive practitioner as a lifelong journey and regularly pursue opportunities that will cause you to reflect, learn, and grow.
- Lived experience of the Fellows we serve (Preferred)
- A postsecondary degree at the associate or bachelor’s level (Required)
- Some project management experience (Preferred)
- Knowledge of the postsecondary and progressive pathway landscape (Preferred)
- Expertise in the college access and success space (Preferred)
- Ability to travel, on average, 4-6 days per quarter once COVID-related travel restrictions end (Required)
This position requires that the employee be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on or before the start date. Consistent with applicable laws, OneGoal will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability (as defined by applicable law) or sincerely-held religious beliefs, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship on OneGoal.
Guided by a clear set of core values and beliefs, you will join an impressive group of more than 170 OneGoal staff across the country who believe in the untapped potential within students. The OneGoal team challenges themselves and others to regularly ask, “Is there a better way?”
The Tangible Good
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package* which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, retirement matching, paid parental leave, and more. We also offer a generous paid time off policy, including 20 paid vacation days, holidays and 9 wellness days (flexible sick time).
*OneGoal reserves the right to change benefits at anytime according to business need.
You believe in people and the promise of humanity and are committed to equity and inclusion
You believe in an inclusive and culturally competent society and the essence of our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that in order to create the change we seek, each person we hire brings a remarkable and diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics that individually and collectively, will contribute to the radical change needed to move us towards a more equitable and just nation.
Throw Your Hat in the Ring
Please click here to complete an application,
If you require a reasonable accommodation to submit an application or to participate in the application or interview process, please reach out to our Human Assets Team to request an accommodation. Our Human Assets Team can be contacted at 773-321-2630 or HumanAssets@onegoalgraduation.org.
OneGoal is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of actual or perceived sex, race, color, ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability (mental or physical), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, parenthood, genetic characteristic or information, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.