Position: Manager of Program, Chicago
Position Type: Internal-External
Reports to: Katerina Roldan, Director of Operations + Executive Assistant
Desired Start date: November 2022
Salary Range: $58,000-$62,000 is the hiring salary range (i.e. the range a candidate would be offered to start)
Despite decades of work and millions of dollars invested, the degree divide continues to be one of our nation’s most complex and critical injustices, with deep roots in systems of oppression and racism. Only 22% of students from low-income communities earn a college degree, compared to 67% of their peers from high-income areas.
COVID-19 further exposed and exacerbated inequity, with communities of color and those in low-income areas impacted at disproportionately high rates. We are looking for individuals to join us in our fight for equity during this extremely critical time.
- OneGoal has grown from a small afterschool program serving just 32 students in Chicago to a nationwide movement that is serving some 13,500 students in six communities.
- Our model, honed over 14 years, has three core differentiators: A rigorous, culturally relevant content and experience, cohorts of students who can support each other over the course of three years, and a teacher who supports our most vulnerable students’ long-term ambitions.
- 84% of OneGoal high school graduates enroll in a postsecondary institution and 75% of those who enroll persist one year after high school.
The success of the Manager of Program (MoP) is directly aligned to the success and impact of the Chicago Program Team. The MoP will have primary responsibility for coordinating and executing logistical needs in support of the teacher development and professional learning, data maintenance and analysis, college enrollment and college completion work streams. The MoP will serve as a thought-partner, planner and support for members of the Chicago Program Team, particularly the Y1/Y2 Hybrid subteam. The MoP will develop, implement and consistently assess the effectiveness of all systems and protocols, and innovate as needed to ensure the Chicago Program Team is able to meet our ambitious goals for Fellow impact.
As a result of the MoP’s work, the Chicago Program Team and the Hybrid subteam in particular, will perform at a higher level through streamlined systems for communication, executing highly engaging and professional events for students and teachers, and leveraging data more seamlessly to best serve our Partners, Program Directors, Fellows and team.
The success of the Manager of Program is directly connected to student outcomes in Y1-Y3 and the retention and expansion of our secondary and post-secondary partners.
As the Manager of Program, key aspects of your role include:
Develop and execute team systems and processes, in person and virtually (70%)
- Maintain team systems. Evaluate, iterate and innovate throughout the year to ensure that systems continue to meet the evolving needs of the team.
- Continue to learn GradTrack and serve as team-wide expert on tracking information, developing reports, dashboards and listviews to support the work of each program team member in order to support curriculum delivery, including learning basic functions in Canvas, OneGoal’s learning management system
- Project manage through action plans and leading, co-leading or participating in working groups for all major Hybrid team programmatic events.
Project manage strong logistical and operational support for in-person events and meetings (20%)
- Support the Senior Directors of Teacher Support with internal and external stakeholders in person and virtually
- Participate in weekly Hybrid meetings to collaborate with Hybrid members and gain critical insight to support in people and project management responsibilities.
- Project manage and provides seamless logistical support with hiring and onboarding new team members.
Regional Team Responsibilities (10%)
- Serve as an active member of the Chicago Program Team and participate in regular region-wide team meetings, stepbacks, and retreats
Though the Manager of Program is likely to see himself/herself/themselves in the following examples, these are not requirements. These examples are designed to help you determine if this opportunity aligns with your own passion and purpose.
You build the capacity of others.
- You are passionate about supporting the needs of others and pride yourself in providing best in class support. You enjoy finding better ways to visualize data to help others identify key trends and insights.
- You are proactive in managing up to others to build capacity laterally and vertically. You take initiative to find “teachable moments” and model for others how to ask the right questions to learn from data.
You are a problem-solver and learner at heart.
- You find it exciting to solve problems both proactively and reactively and your networks think of you as “resourceful.”
- You’ve demonstrated the ability to work diligently towards your goals and can comfortably pivot and try new strategies when challenges arise.
- You get energy from planning and from moving a project from start to finish and you are constantly thinking about the potential for impact with each action you take.
- You love to learn and put that learning into action.
You value working collaboratively and innovatively.
- You constantly strive to learn from and share learnings with your teammates, no matter your current knowledge or experience.
- You know when and how to engage other key stakeholders that have the insight and positional authority to help you and others overcome obstacles and seize viable beneficial opportunities in a timely way.
- You do not simply operate from pre-existing practices; instead, you thoughtfully evaluate the OneGoal program and identify ways to elevate our program’s effectiveness.
Execution is your wheelhouse.
- You get things done. People know you as someone they can depend on to come through for them. You are trusted by your colleagues because you follow through on your commitments and you circle back and close the loop on communication cycles.
- You’ve demonstrated the ability to work diligently towards your goals and can comfortably pivot and try new strategies when challenges arise or priorities shift.
- Even though you are highly effective at executing, you don’t go at it alone. You know that collaboration and teamwork is key to innovation and you are comfortable investing people in a project and leading a project team towards a rigorous execution of your plan.
- Lived experience of the Fellows we serve (Preferred)
- Ability to travel to the OneGoal Chicago office and surrounding areas for programming and stakeholder engagement
This position requires that the employee be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on or before the start date. Consistent with applicable laws, OneGoal will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability (as defined by applicable law) or sincerely-held religious beliefs, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship on OneGoal.
Guided by a clear set of core values and beliefs, you will join an impressive group of more than 170 OneGoal staff across the country who believe in the untapped potential within students. The OneGoal team challenges themselves and others to regularly ask, “Is there a better way?”
The Tangible Good
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package* which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, retirement matching, paid parental leave, and more. We also offer a generous paid time off policy, including 20 paid vacation days, holidays and 9 wellness days (flexible sick time).
*OneGoal reserves the right to change benefits at anytime according to business need.
You believe in people and the promise of humanity and are committed to equity and inclusion
You believe in an inclusive and culturally competent society and the essence of our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that in order to create the change we seek, each person we hire brings a remarkable and diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics that individually and collectively, will contribute to the radical change needed to move us towards a more equitable and just nation.
Throw Your Hat in the Ring. Please use the “Apply For This Job Now” link at the bottom of this page to complete an application.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to submit an application or to participate in the application or interview process, please reach out to our Human Assets Team to request an accommodation. Our Human Assets Team can be contacted at 773-321-2630 or HumanAssets@onegoalgraduation.org.
OneGoal is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of actual or perceived sex, race, color, ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability (mental or physical), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, parenthood, genetic characteristic or information, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.