Reports to: Adam Seidel, Managing Director of Program, OneGoal- Massachusetts
Start date: July 1, 2022 (flexible to start earlier)
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Salary Range: $56,000-$60,000 is the hiring salary range (i.e. the range a candidate would be offered to start).
Despite decades of work and millions of dollars invested, the degree divide continues to be one of our nation’s most complex and critical injustices, with deep roots in systems of oppression and racism. Only 22% of students from low-income communities earn a college degree, compared to 67% of their peers from high-income areas.
COVID-19 further exposed and exacerbated inequity, with communities of color and those in low-income areas impacted at disproportionately high rates. We are looking for individuals to join us in our fight for equity during this extremely critical time.
- OneGoal has grown from a small afterschool program serving just 32 students in Chicago to a nationwide movement that is serving some 12,500 students in six communities.
- Our model, honed over 14 years, has three core differentiators: A rigorous, culturally relevant content and experience, cohorts of students who can support each other over the course of three years, and a teacher who supports our most vulnerable students’ long-term ambitions.
- 88% of OneGoal high school graduates enroll in a postsecondary institution and 79% of those who enroll persist one year after high school.
Massachusetts leads the nation in most educational outcomes, yet it is also home to some of the starkest racial and economic disparities in public education. We believe that OneGoal is and will continue to be an integral part of the solution. In just five years, our Massachusetts region has grown to serve more than 1,000 Fellows across 15 high schools in 11 districts and 14 postsecondary partners – and demand for our program is growing. For more information about the Massachusetts Region, click here.
As the Manager of Program Operations, you will serve as a critical member of the Massachusetts Program Team. You will have primary responsibility for ensuring program impact through direct support of the teacher development, student achievement, college enrollment, college persistence, and school partnerships workstreams. This includes how we collect, aggregate, analyze and use data, manage events, and support collaboration and systems across a diverse and ambitious team.
As the Manager of Program Operations, key aspects of your role include:
Data Administration and Analysis (40%)
- Serve as team-wide data administrator and analyst to support OneGoal staff, teachers and students in accessing program data and using it to inform their practice and demonstrate impact
- Lead data collection, entry, and management in order to provide progress to goal updates, data reporting, and staff support
- Collaborate with our development team to share program impact data for grants, reports and external communications
Event Planning and Logistics (30%)
- Lead event-specific working groups charged with the visioning, execution and evaluation of all regional events (e.g., annual in-person celebration with all schools, college visits, teacher trainings, smaller events)
- Directly manage all event logistics, including coordinating space, transportation, food, and event materials
Team-wide Operations + Systems (20%)
- Implement and continually refine key operational systems to maximize the full potential of the team’s collaboration and impact (e.g., internal and external communications, knowledge management strategy of internal materials)
- Manage planning and logistics for regular team-wide meetings and quarterly retreats
- Organize and maintain shared office space operations and procedures
- Oversee the Program Team’s expense reporting systems and budget tracker
Regional Team Responsibilities (10%)
- Serving as an active member of the Massachusetts Program Team and participate in regular region-wide team meetings, stepbacks, and retreats
- Building strong relationships with key OneGoal national team stakeholders to achieve outcomes
Though the Manager of Program Operations is likely to see themselves in the following examples as they are designed to help you determine if this opportunity aligns with your own passion, purpose, skills, and experiences.
You are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- You share our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- You integrate your knowledge, skills and mindsets related to diversity, equity, and inclusion into every aspect of the work.
- You continuously build our understanding of privilege and oppression especially within the context of our country, education system, and college divide.
You use data to see a fuller picture and make others more effective and efficient.
- You design reports and tools that help others become better at their jobs, but you do it in a way that also saves them time and helps them feel empowered to use data to inform their work.
- You work to find better ways to visualize data to help others identify key trends and insights.
- You design solutions with the end-user in mind and build sustainable solutions that can be automated and easily reproduced on a daily, weekly, and quarterly basis. More than anything, you strive to build the capacity of others to use data strategically.
You are a doer and are constantly learning and innovating.
- You love managing the details and have systems/processes that ensure that things don’t fall through the cracks. You consistently have a clear picture of where things are relative to short- and long-term goals.
- You’ve demonstrated the ability to work diligently towards your goals and can comfortably pivot and try new strategies when challenges arise.
- You get energy from planning and from moving a project from start to finish and you are constantly thinking about the potential for impact with each action you take.
- You like to explore and build innovative approaches and have designed new ways of doing things.
You believe relationships lead to results, and you build the capacity of others.
- You enjoy collaborating with others to leverage their knowledge and are eager to work across functional teams to ensure success of the team
- You are proactive in managing up to others to build capacity laterally and vertically. You take initiative and model for others how to ask the right questions to learn as we go.
- You thrive with opportunities to collaborate and influence others.
- You have an exceptional ability to persuasively and clearly communicate in a way that conveys urgency, empathy, understanding and balance.
- Lived experiences of our Fellows (Preferred)
- 1-3 years administrative or operations experience (Required)
- Exceptional organizational abilities and attention to detail(Required)
- Experience with data systems and tools as end-user (i.e Salesforce or other CRMs, PowerBI, Google Suite, Microsoft Word & Excel) (Preferred)
- Position requires occasional travel to school partners throughout Massachusetts
This position requires that the employee be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on or before the start date. Consistent with applicable laws, OneGoal will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability (as defined by applicable law) or sincerely-held religious beliefs, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship on OneGoal.
Guided by a clear set of core values and beliefs, you will join an impressive group of more than 150 OneGoal staff across the country who believe in the untapped potential within students. The OneGoal team challenges themselves and others to regularly ask, “Is there a better way?”
The Tangible Good
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package* which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, retirement matching, paid parental leave, and more. We also offer a generous paid time off policy, including 20 paid vacation days, holidays and 6 wellness days (flexible sick time).
*OneGoal reserves the right to change benefits at anytime according to business need.
You believe in people and the promise of humanity and are committed to equity and inclusion
You believe in an inclusive and culturally competent society and the essence of our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that in order to create the change we seek, each person we hire brings a remarkable and diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics that individually and collectively, will contribute to the radical change needed to move us towards a more equitable and just nation.
Throw Your Hat in the Ring
Please use the “Apply For This Job Now” link at the bottom of this page to complete an application, which includes attaching an updated resume and brief cover letter explaining your passion and alignment to this position.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to submit an application or to participate in the application or interview process, please reach out to our Human Assets Team to request an accommodation. Our Human Assets Team can be contacted at HumanAssets@onegoalgraduation.org.
OneGoal is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of actual or perceived sex, race, color, ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability (mental or physical), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, parenthood, genetic characteristic or information, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.