Position: Manager of Postsecondary Success, Metro Atlanta
Position Type: Internal-External
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Cortney Duritsa Lockhart, Managing Director of Program
Start date: July 2023
Location: Atlanta, GA
Apply By: May 21st, 2023 (applications reviewed on a rolling basis)
A postsecondary education unlocks opportunities and economic mobility not only for students, but entire communities. Yet for millions of underserved students, it remains out of reach: only 22% of students in low-income communities earn a postsecondary degree compared to 67% of students from high-income communities. This is not for lack of ambition or talent, but for lack of opportunity and support OneGoal’s model, honed over 15 years, delivers a culturally relevant experience that works: 82% of OneGoal high school graduates enroll in a postsecondary institution and 73% of those persist one year after high school graduation. We are looking for individuals to join us in our pursuit of equity.
As the Manager of Postsecondary Success, your mission is to support a portfolio of Y3 Fellows (students in their first year of a postsecondary pathway) in enrolling and persisting in a quality four-year college, two-year college, or progressive pathway through intensive and tiered support in-person and virtually. You will be responsible for ensuring OneGoal Fellows retain their scholarships and financial aid packages, maintain satisfactory academic progress in their programs, and are overall successful in persisting toward their degree. You will also work to connect unenrolled Fellows with opportunities to by providing personalized and strategic support for Y3 Fellow students to persist or re-enroll in a postsecondary program.
You will do this by:
- Providing differentiated support to a portfolio of approximately 100 Y3 Fellows on a monthly basis in order to reach key enrollment + persistence outcomes (65%)
- Building trusting, professional relationships with recently enrolled postsecondary students.
- Supporting students in navigating challenges of the first year in postsecondary education using coaching guides.
- Monitoring student progress towards key success indicators such as meeting academic goals, securing financial aid resources, and building social networks on campus.
- Ensuring that students stay on a path towards their college and career goals, persevering through to their second year of postsecondary education.
- Consistently and accurately maintain coaching data for all Fellows for internal and external needs
- Establishing strong culture and community amongst Y3 Fellows (15%)
- Plan and execute in-person Fellow engagements throughout the year to engage both enrolled and unenrolled Fellows.
- Plan and execute engagement campaigns including newsletters, incentives, etc. to increase Fellow engagement across the Y3+ community.
- Collaboration and Innovation (15%): Collaborate with regional and national staff on special projects and teamwide work, committing to aligned strategy to achieve enrollment and persistence program outcomes.
- Personal Learning and Team Culture (5%): Work to achieve meaningful outcomes, contribute to building a strong team and culture, and commit to personal learning + development aligned to our Core Values.
Though the Manager of Postsecondary Success is likely to see himself/herself/themselves in the following examples, these are not requirements. These examples are designed to help you determine if this opportunity aligns with your own passion and purpose.
You believe deeply in our Fellows and their ability to graduate from college.
- You understand how to motivate and influence youth through the unique challenges and opportunities that first-generation college students may face.
You are a coach at heart and believe in the power of coaching and support.
- You believe your impact can be greater when you empower others. You believe that all individuals have the ability to be great, and that people can achieve more with additional resources and support. You build relationships quickly, consistently, and authentically.
Execution is your wheelhouse.
- You get things done. People know you as someone they can depend on to come through for them. You are trusted by your colleagues because you follow through on your commitments and you circle back and close the loop on communication cycles.
You find joy in ensuring others feel supported and heard.
- Your communication is efficient and responsive; ensuring stakeholders have just the right amount of detail to act and follow through.
You are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- You seek to understand and celebrate the unique identities of the individuals with whom you interact; you advocate for and elevate the voices of marginalized people and communities especially those from which our Fellows come; you interrogate your own understandings, bias, and privilege and reflect on how they play out in your work.
You love the big picture but are obsessed with the details.
- You love managing the details and have systems/processes that ensure that things don’t fall through the cracks and that you consistently have a clear picture of where things are relative to short- and long-term goals.
- Associates or Bachelors degree (Required)
- Experience in college or postsecondary advising (Preferred)
- Ability to work flexible hours more responsive to Fellow availability (ex: 12-8 PM instead of 9-5 PM). Typical availability is between 9 am- 5 pm. Schedule to be confirmed by staff member and manager*
- Must be located in Atlanta and able to be in-person. OneGoal Metro Atlanta is a hybrid team– working both in person and via home office.
- Some regional travel to in-state colleges will be required (10-15% of the time)
This position requires that the employee be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on or before the start date. Consistent with applicable laws, OneGoal will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability (as defined by applicable law) or sincerely-held religious beliefs, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship on OneGoal.
Thinking Of Applying?
Research shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you are excited about the role and see connection with what we are looking for, but don’t meet every single requirement, we’d encourage you to apply anyway. Please click “Apply For This Job Now” at the bottom of the page to start your application!
Guided by a clear set of core values and beliefs, you will join an impressive group of more than 190 OneGoal staff across the country who believe in the untapped potential within students. The OneGoal team challenges themselves and others to regularly ask, “Is there a better way?” You believe in an inclusive and culturally competent society and the essence of our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that in order to create the change we seek, each person we hire brings a remarkable and diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics that individually and collectively, will contribute to the radical change needed to move us towards a more equitable and just nation.
The Tangible Good
OneGoal offers competitive compensation based on the market for nonprofits our size. Our benefits package* includes: over eight weeks of paid time off (or 43 business days), between vacation days, wellness time, and holidays; paid medical or parental leaves should you have need; medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance; as well as a 401(k) with a 3% match.
We believe in compensating staff members fairly in relation to each other, their qualifications, and their impact on behalf of the organization, and take internal and external equity seriously. Given our commitment to equity, OneGoal does not negotiate salary offers; instead each salary offer is determined carefully using external and internal benchmarking. You will have an opportunity to discuss salary in more detail after you begin the hiring process.
*OneGoal reserves the right to change benefits at anytime according to business need.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to submit an application or to participate in the application or interview process, please reach out to our Human Assets Team to request an accommodation. Our Human Assets Team can be contacted at 773-321-2630 or HumanAssets@onegoalgraduation.org.
OneGoal is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of actual or perceived sex, race, color, ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability (mental or physical), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, parenthood, genetic characteristic or information, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.