Position: Partnership Development Manager (Remote)
Position Type: Internal-External
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Alexander Hahn, Managing Director of Partnerships + Growth, National P&G
Start date: November 16, 2023
Location: Preferred within a OneGoal region: Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Houston, TX; Boston, MA; New York City, NY; Bay Area, CA, but flexible within the following states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C.
Application Deadline: October 15, 2023
Compensation: $27.40-31.25/hour (annualized as $57,000 – $65,000) is the hiring salary range (i.e. the range a candidate would be offered to start). Please note: OneGoal aligns compensation to the Cost of Labor, so the actual offer would be dependent on the Cost of Labor in the candidate’s living location.
OneGoal transforms postsecondary advising and support so that every student can define their own future. Together with our partners, we’re building a movement to close the opportunity gap. We work side-by-side with partner schools and districts to build their knowledge and capacity. The result is more equitable and effective support for all students. Our unique approach, honed over 15 years, prioritizes strong human relationships. And it’s proven to deliver real student impact. 81% of OneGoal high school graduates enroll in a postsecondary institution, and 73% of those students persist one year after high school graduation. An independent study by the University of Chicago found that OneGoal students are about 40% more likely to earn their postsecondary degrees than students from similar backgrounds. We are looking for individuals to join us in our pursuit of equity.
The Partnership Development Manager plays a pivotal role in supporting growth and expansion for OneGoal. Reporting to the Managing Director of Partnerships + Growth, the Partnership Development Manager will play a support role for expanding our partnerships across all markets, a critical lever in achieving our organization’s short-term and long-term impact and sustainability goals.
In this role, the Partnership Development Manager will be tasked with initial partnership development: identifying potential partners and meeting outreach metrics within OneGoal’s New Markets and Regions. The successful candidate will be a proactive and organized individual who thrives in a dynamic, results-driven environment.
The Partnership Development Manager will do this by:
Contributing to the growth and expansion of new and existing partners across states, districts, and state-wide organizations. (70% of role)
- Prospecting and Lead Generation: Identifying potential partners and generating leads. This involves researching and qualifying leads, leveraging various sources such as online platforms, industry events, and referrals.
- Cold Outreach and Qualification: Engage in cold outreach activities, such as phone calls, emails, and social media messages, to initiate conversations with prospects.
- Conducting Partner Demonstrations: Conduct demonstrations to showcase the features, benefits, and value proposition of OneGoal to potential customers.
- Relationship Building and Nurturing: Keep in touch with leads through follow-up communications, nurturing them with relevant information, updates, and personalized content.
- Collaborating with P&G and Marketing Teams: You will work closely with the appropriate teams to provide valuable insights gained from prospect interactions, contribute to refining the sales and marketing strategies, and collaborate on targeted campaigns to generate more leads and increase conversion rates.
- Qualifying and Handing off Opportunities: Once a lead is qualified and exhibits buying signals, you will hand off the opportunity to the appropriate team member for further engagement and conversion.
- Reporting and Analytics: You will track and analyze your activities and results to measure the effectiveness of your efforts, having a deep understanding of the district landscape, including trends, competitors, and customer needs.
- Attend conferences and meetings to build relationships and enhance our sales pipeline
Execution of sales tactics and tools to support growth and revenue goals (20% of role)
- Provide real-time feedback on the market, what’s working, what’s not, and how that information impacts our growth strategy
- Effectively manage the sales pipeline to support growth and revenue goals. This involves organizing and prioritizing leads, tracking the progress of opportunities, and ensuring a steady flow of qualified prospects through the various stages of the sales process.
- Collaborate with the P&G Team
- Utilize Sales Enablement Tools, such as Salesforce, sales engagement platforms, and automation software, to streamline your workflow, enhance efficiency, and optimize prospect engagement.
Complete professional development and learning centered around topics that apply to the role and the P&G team. (10%)
The Partnership Development Manager is likely to see himself/herself/themselves in the following examples as they are designed to help you determine if this opportunity aligns with your own passion, purpose, skills, and experiences.
You believe deeply in the brilliance of all students and in their ability to earn a postsecondary degree.
- You believe that our Fellows face real systemic barriers to postsecondary completion and that empowering families, teachers, and students to own their unique path will help them to overcome those barriers.
You are a compelling and effective communicator.
- You have a tremendous ability to adapt messages to different audiences in order to inspire stakeholders.
- You discern the appropriate mode of communication, depending on the situation and audience, to build champions and convert skeptics.
- You serve as an ambassador for OneGoal.
You are a coalition builder.
- You cultivate relationships with the understanding that our students are best served when we collaborate to meet all of their needs.
- You are both humble and optimistic about the role OneGoal can play within a partner school, with a commitment to serving more students, better.
- You are driven both by data and experience, recognizing that decision-making and strategy require evidence as well as a drive to dream big.
You value working collaboratively and innovatively.
- You constantly strive to learn from and share learnings with your teammates, no matter your current knowledge or experience.
- You know when and how to engage other key stakeholders that have the insight and positional authority to help you and others overcome obstacles and seize viable beneficial opportunities in a timely way.
- You do not operate as a blind executor of pre-existing practices; instead, you thoughtfully evaluate OneGoal’s approach and identify ways to elevate our effectiveness.
- Lived experience of the Fellows we serve (Preferred)
- 1+ years of experience as a Sales Development Manager or Business Development Manager (Strongly Preferred)
- 1+ years experience with sales to school districts and/or state education agencies across the country, or experience with sales in the education sector (Preferred)
- Ability to travel up to 20% annually
This position requires that the employee be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on or before the start date. Consistent with applicable laws, OneGoal will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability (as defined by applicable law) or sincerely-held religious beliefs, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship on OneGoal.
Thinking Of Applying?
Research shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you are excited about the role and see connection with what we are looking for, but don’t meet every single requirement, we’d encourage you to apply anyway. Please click “Apply For This Job Now” below to complete an application.
Guided by a clear set of core values and beliefs, you will join an impressive group of more than 200 OneGoal staff across the country who believe in the untapped potential within students. The OneGoal team challenges themselves and others to regularly ask, “Is there a better way?” You believe in an inclusive and culturally competent society and the essence of our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that in order to create the change we seek, each person we hire brings a remarkable and diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics that individually and collectively, will contribute to the radical change needed to move us towards a more equitable and just nation.
The Tangible Good
OneGoal offers competitive compensation based on the market for nonprofits our size. Our benefits package* includes: over eight weeks of paid time off (or 43 business days), between vacation days, wellness time, and holidays; paid medical or parental leaves should you have need; medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance; as well as a 401(k) with a 3% match.
We believe in compensating staff members fairly in relation to each other, their qualifications, and their impact on behalf of the organization, and take internal and external equity seriously. Given our commitment to equity, OneGoal does not negotiate salary offers; instead each salary offer is determined carefully using external and internal benchmarking. You will have an opportunity to discuss salary in more detail after you begin the hiring process.
*OneGoal reserves the right to change benefits at any time according to business needs.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to submit an application or to participate in the application or interview process, please reach out to our Human Assets Team to request an accommodation. Our Human Assets Team can be contacted at 773-321-2630 or HumanAssets@onegoalgraduation.org.
OneGoal is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of actual or perceived sex, race, color, ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability (mental or physical), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, parenthood, genetic characteristic or information, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.