Position: Executive Assistant
Position Type: Temporary, Part-Time
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Jenn Spurlin, Director, Shared Executive Support – National
Start Date: December 2023
End Date: June 2024 (Note: This is a part-time temporary position beginning December 2023 and ending June 2024. By the end of this period, we will reevaluate business needs to determine if the position is still needed.)
Location: Remote, preferred within a OneGoal region: Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Houston, TX; Boston, MA; New York City, NY; Bay Area, CA, but flexible within the following states: Alabama, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C., Wisconsin
Application Date: December 1, 2023
Pay Range: $27.47-$28.91 per hour is the hiring salary range (i.e. the range a candidate would be offered to start). This role would be paid based on actual hours worked. Please note: OneGoal aligns salaries to Cost of Labor, so the actual pay offered would be dependent on the Cost of Labor in the candidate’s living location.
OneGoal transforms postsecondary advising and support so that every student can define their own future. Together with our partners, we’re building a movement to close the opportunity gap. We work side-by-side with partner schools and districts to build their knowledge and capacity. The result is more equitable and effective support for all students. Our unique approach, honed over 15 years, prioritizes strong human relationships. And it’s proven to deliver real student impact. 81% of OneGoal high school graduates enroll in a postsecondary institution, and 73% of those students persist one year after high school graduation. An independent study by the University of Chicago found that OneGoal students are about 40% more likely to earn their postsecondary degrees than students from similar backgrounds. We are looking for individuals to join us in our pursuit of equity.
We are seeking a part time executive assistant to support 3 senior level executives. You will do this by partnering with your executives to execute on the services agreed upon in your service level agreement (SLA).
- Scheduling and Calendar Support (50%)
- Calendar management
- Creating and maintaining a strategic construction of daily and weekly schedules that maximizes each Executive’s time, energy and strengths
- Aligning scheduling for each Executive to an ideal weekly schedule template that matches each executive’s priorities and preferences as identified by Executive and Director of Shared Executive Support
- Proactively thinking through what is needed for each meeting or work block and seeking out ways to ensure materials are gathered and ready for the Executive
- Ensuring all meetings are confirmed with each participant and include clear logistics
- Using your organizational knowledge to look ahead and anticipate what needs to be scheduled or what may be missing
- Balancing your time and support between multiple Executives
- Calendar management
- Administrative Support (30%)
- Expense management
- Completing monthly expense reports and reimbursements accurately and on time on behalf of each Executive you support
- Operations and Logistics
- Planning and executing travel bookings, accommodations and on-the-ground transportation to maximize the Executive’s time
- Assist with scheduling team meetings
- Support with team culture plan execution
- Serve as the Business Operations Liaison and Team Operations Specialist for your Portfolio of Teams. (10%)
- Work with the Operational Support team to implement templates for onboarding new staff members to your team that helps them understand how operations works in your region/team, where they can find resources, who and how they should reach out to the Business Operations (BizOps) team if they need support or assistance.
- Understand BizOps SOPs to be able to direct your team members to the appropriate process when they need support.
- Actively and regularly share with the Operations Support team your team’s priorities, upcoming events, and things to be aware of that may have a multi-team or org-wide impact.
- Incorporate a process into your team operations that regularly shares out important BizOps updates, deadlines and upcoming actions to be aware of.
- Participate and Engage in the OneGoal Community (10%)
- Attend regularly scheduled quarterly all staff meetings
- Attend weekly operational support team meetings, scheduling huddles and other team wide calls as needed
- Read and internalize all staff communications
The Executive Assistant is likely to see himself/herself/themselves in the following examples as they are designed to help you determine if this opportunity aligns with your own passion, purpose, skills, and experiences.
You make things happen.
- You have strong personal systems and mindsets that allow you to keep multiple responsibilities moving concurrently, and you take personal responsibility for the success of your work whether it requires managing calendars, engaging with a team, or setting up others to execute effectively. You take pride in your integrity and follow-through on tasks. People would describe you as dependable and driven; they know when they ask you to do something, it’s as good as done.
You’re a multi-tasker and know how to strike a balance in your work.
- You’re flexible. You’re willing to help out wherever needed and thrive in a dynamic environment. You can name when you don’t know something, and are quick to learn. You are a resourceful team player skilled at managing complexity and adjusting course when things fall off-track.
- You’re not thrown off by feedback (in fact, you thrive on it) and are able to incorporate in stride. You have the ability to come up with solutions and tailor support to specific needs and a variety of working styles. You know how to say no and set boundaries in order to maintain a healthy balance in your work.
You are trustworthy and understand confidentiality.
- You forge strong, trusting relationships with diverse groups of people. You’re empathetic and intuitive; you often know what people need or want before they do. You understand that supporting Executives comes with a high degree of responsibility and a need for discretion and confidentiality.
You are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- You seek to understand and celebrate the unique identities of the individuals with whom you interact; you advocate for and elevate the voices of marginalized people and communities especially those from which our Fellows come; you interrogate your own understandings, bias, and privilege and reflect on how they play out in your work.
- Lived experience of the Fellows we serve (Preferred)
- 2-3 years in administrative support or operations role
- Familiar with the Google Business Suite and Zoom
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once with a spirit of flexibility, possibility, and a strong customer service ethic
- Strong and effective communication skills, especially in written correspondence
- Strong ability to prioritize
Required Working Hours:
- Applicants interested in this position should plan on being readily available from 12:30 – 5:30 pm ET Monday – Friday with ability to be on Zoom and provide quick response time.
- This role may occasionally require support outside of traditional business hours.
This position requires that the employee be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on or before the start date. Consistent with applicable laws, OneGoal will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability (as defined by applicable law) or sincerely-held religious beliefs, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship on OneGoal.
Thinking Of Applying?
Research shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you are excited about the role and see connection with what we are looking for, but don’t meet every single requirement, we’d encourage you to apply anyway. Please click “Apply For This Job Now” below to complete an application.
Guided by a clear set of core values and beliefs, you will join an impressive group of more than 200 OneGoal staff across the country who believe in the untapped potential within students. The OneGoal team challenges themselves and others to regularly ask, “Is there a better way?” You believe in an inclusive and culturally competent society and the essence of our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that in order to create the change we seek, each person we hire brings a remarkable and diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics that individually and collectively, will contribute to the radical change needed to move us towards a more equitable and just nation.
The Tangible Good
OneGoal offers competitive compensation based on the market for nonprofits our size. Our benefits package* includes: over eight weeks of paid time off (or 43 business days), between vacation days, wellness time, and holidays; paid medical or parental leaves should you have need; medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance; as well as a 401(k) with a 3% match.
We believe in compensating staff members fairly in relation to each other, their qualifications, and their impact on behalf of the organization, and take internal and external equity seriously. Given our commitment to equity, OneGoal does not negotiate salary offers; instead each salary offer is determined carefully using external and internal benchmarking. You will have an opportunity to discuss salary in more detail after you begin the hiring process.
*OneGoal reserves the right to change benefits at any time according to business needs.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to submit an application or to participate in the application or interview process, please reach out to our Human Assets Team to request an accommodation. Our Human Assets Team can be contacted at 773-321-2630 or HumanAssets@onegoalgraduation.org.
OneGoal is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of actual or perceived sex, race, color, ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability (mental or physical), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, parenthood, genetic characteristic or information, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.