Position: Senior Director, OneGoal Leadership Network (OLN) Design, Secondary Partnership Implementation (SPI)
Position Type: Internal/External
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Start date: November 2023
Reports to: Beth Bazer, Ed.D., Managing Director, Program Design + Strategy (System Impact)
Location: Preferred within a OneGoal region: Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Houston, TX; Boston, MA; New York City, NY; Bay Area, CA, but flexible within the following states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2023
Salary Range: $92,000 – $100,000 is the hiring salary range (i.e. the range a candidate would be offered to start). Please note: OneGoal aligns salaries to Cost of Labor, so the actual salary offered would be dependent on the Cost of Labor in the candidate’s living location.
OneGoal transforms postsecondary advising and support so that every student can define their own future. Together with our partners, we’re building a movement to close the opportunity gap. We work side-by-side with partner schools and districts to build their knowledge and capacity. The result is more equitable and effective support for all students. Our unique approach, honed over 15 years, prioritizes strong human relationships. And it’s proven to deliver real student impact. 82% of OneGoal high school graduates enroll in a postsecondary institution, and 73% of those who enroll persist one year after high school. An independent study by the University of Chicago found that OneGoal students are about 40% more likely to earn their postsecondary degrees than students from similar backgrounds. We are looking for individuals to join us in our pursuit of equity.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Program and Materials Design (65%): In collaboration with the Managing Director, Program Design + Strategy (System Impact), refine and develop materials for district and school leaders that build their capacity to lead postsecondary improvement.
- Three complete Playbooks completed by FY25 with primary responsibility for one playbook in its entirety
- Research the latest trends and literature around postsecondary access and success to inform our products and services and iterate on new models
- Design materials and content for all phases of the OneGoal Leadership Network (OLN) including app review, Launch/Assess, Assemble, Advance, and post-program resources/Alumni Network
- Test and innovate on new OneGoal Leadership Network services and products using user feedback and input on services/products from district/school partners and internal/regional teams
- Use outcome data to identify opportunities to build coherence within the OneGoal Leadership Network and across the Classroom Model/OneGoal Leadership Network
- Execute on the vision for including OLN program alumni into ongoing learning/development offerings, including using feedback and input services/products from district/school partners and internal/regional teams, in collaboration with OLN Design Team members
- Design ‘Coaching Playbooks/ for OLN Coaches, aligned to user needs and rubric focus areas
- Maintain organizational structure for OneGoal Leadership Network materials and ensure all materials are on-brand, visually compelling and professional.
- Engages with design and implementation of onboarding materials for new SPI team members
- Regional Support & Innovation (15%): Under the direction of the Managing Director, Program Design + Strategy (System Impact) and in support of the OneGoal 2025 Strategic Plan, engage in continuous learning and feedback to support OneGoal regions in OneGoal Leadership Network implementation, ensuring coherence with OLN infrastructure and local context.
- Assist regional implementation of the OneGoal Leadership Network, including state-specific information in Coaching Playbooks, Assemble planning/partnership, and postsecondary leading indicators
- Create materials and processes necessary for execution of multiple cohorts of Assemble across states
- Continuous Improvement & Stakeholder Management (20%): To enhance our OneGoal Leadership Network, engage in continuous learning and research around the needs of leaders and the literature around postsecondary success. Meticulously monitor program outcomes to improve program design and to seize opportunities to innovate on new iterations of our PD services.
- Assess school and district leader needs in this space, gathering user feedback and leveraging research
- Engage and invest others within and outside the organization around this vision and model, including potential networked community of practice with peers
- Initiate relationships with other key stakeholders to improve the quality of our service offerings, (eg. state associations), context of our program design, and coherence with Classroom Model
- Learn and continuously improve by researching best practices in adult learning and school/district leader development
- Build the OneGoal Leadership Network team knowledge around important trends and literature
- Learn and continuously improve our services through collaboration with other school support organizations engaged in systems-level work and leadership development
- Use our progress monitoring data (formative and summative) to engage in continuous improvement cycles and adjust program design and strategy
The Senior Director, OLN Design is likely to see himself/herself/themselves in the following examples, as they are designed to help you determine if this opportunity aligns with your own passion, purpose, skills, and experiences.
You are a champion of adult learning principles
- You develop multiple ways to have adults practice a new skill or concept in your professional learning and/or coaching sessions
- You narrowly focus your support around a discrete set of objectives because you know adults must master one concept before moving onto the next
You understand the perspectives of others
- You demonstrate a strong understanding of others’ motivations by deeply listening
- You demonstrate a strong understanding of the dynamics of the broader environment, including contexts and nuances that may influence decision making.
You design and create user-centered, impactful solutions
- You leverage research and user needs to guide your design of products and supports for system-level leaders
- You understand the internal-facing and external-facing programmatic architecture need to stand up school/district leader products and services and create a variety of different professional learning sessions, artifacts, tools that help leaders execute their postsecondary priorities
You see the system
- You recognize that without alignment and coherence, improvement initiatives often fail
- You apply continuous improvement principles to your own work in vision and direction setting
You’re an expert in postsecondary access and success
- You’re an experienced and forward-thinking leader in the postsecondary access and success space with a clear and measurable track record of success.
- You understand the nuances, systems, and structures related to postsecondary access and success in K-12 systems
You are a learner
- You identify ways to engage in rapid cycles of improvement (test-iterate) to learn what parts of our new products/supports are working well, and which of those need improvement through data-driven decisions.
- You seek out experts and colleagues in the school support organization/college access organization space to provide input and feedback
- Lived experience of the Fellows we serve (Preferred)
- Master’s Degree in Education (Preferred)
- School/District Leadership or Administration (Preferred)
- 3+ years of leadership [administrator/counselor] experience at the high-school level (Preferred) OR
3+ years of leadership experience in a district central office (College & Career/Postsecondary Department) (Preferred)
- Strong familiarity and knowledge of and experience with postsecondary systems and structures [eg. FASFAs, common application, NSC etc.] (Required)
- Experience coaching/developing and designing professional learning for school or district leaders (Required)
- Ability to travel a few days every month (approximately 10-20% of the time)
This position requires that the employee be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on or before the start date. Consistent with applicable laws, OneGoal will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability (as defined by applicable law) or sincerely-held religious beliefs, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship on OneGoal.
Thinking Of Applying?
Research shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you are excited about the role and see connection with what we are looking for, but don’t meet every single requirement, we’d encourage you to apply anyway. Please click “Apply For This Job Now” below to complete an application.
Guided by a clear set of core values and beliefs, you will join an impressive group of more than 200 OneGoal staff across the country who believe in the untapped potential within students. The OneGoal team challenges themselves and others to regularly ask, “Is there a better way?” You believe in an inclusive and culturally competent society and the essence of our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that in order to create the change we seek, each person we hire brings a remarkable and diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics that individually and collectively, will contribute to the radical change needed to move us towards a more equitable and just nation.
The Tangible Good
OneGoal offers competitive compensation based on the market for nonprofits our size. Our benefits package* includes: over eight weeks of paid time off (or 43 business days), between vacation days, wellness time, and holidays; paid medical or parental leaves should you have need; medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance; as well as a 401(k) with a 3% match.
We believe in compensating staff members fairly in relation to each other, their qualifications, and their impact on behalf of the organization, and take internal and external equity seriously. Given our commitment to equity, OneGoal does not negotiate salary offers; instead each salary offer is determined carefully using external and internal benchmarking. You will have an opportunity to discuss salary in more detail after you begin the hiring process.
*OneGoal reserves the right to change benefits at any time according to business needs.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to submit an application or to participate in the application or interview process, please reach out to our Human Assets Team to request an accommodation. Our Human Assets Team can be contacted at 773-321-2630 or HumanAssets@onegoalgraduation.org.
OneGoal is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of actual or perceived sex, race, color, ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability (mental or physical), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, parenthood, genetic characteristic or information, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.