Position: Position Type: Internal/External
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Managing Director of Program Learning, National
Start date: February 1, 2023
Location: Preferred within a OneGoal region: Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Houston, TX; Boston, MA; New York City, NY; Bay Area, CA, but flexible within the following states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C.
Salary Range: $92,500-$98,000 is the hiring salary range (i.e. the range a candidate would be offered to start). Please note: OneGoal aligns salaries to Cost of Labor, so the actual salary offered would be dependent on the Cost of Labor in the candidate’s living location.
Despite decades of work and millions of dollars invested, the degree divide continues to be one of our nation’s most complex and critical injustices, with deep roots in systems of oppression and racism. Only 22% of students from low-income communities earn a college degree, compared to 67% of their peers from high-income areas.
COVID-19 further exposed and exacerbated inequity, with communities of color and those in low-income areas impacted at disproportionately high rates. We are looking for individuals to join us in our fight for equity during this extremely critical time.
- OneGoal has grown from a small afterschool program serving just 32 students in Chicago to a nationwide movement that is serving some 13,500 students in six communities.
- Our model, honed over 14 years, has three core differentiators: A rigorous, culturally relevant content and experience, cohorts of students who can support each other over the course of three years, and a teacher who supports our most vulnerable students’ long-term ambitions.
- 84% of OneGoal high school graduates enroll in a postsecondary institution and 75% of those who enroll persist one year after high school.
The Senior Director of Program Tool Development + Learning will be a bridge between our National Program and Technology teams. The Senior Director will work in deep collaboration with regional and national program and technology teams. This role is technology-adjacent and serves as an expert of OneGoal’s programs to then be able to support the development of tech enabled-program tools to enhance the student experience / supplement the curriculum.
You will do this by:
- Organizing, Planning & Executing (50%): Leading cross functional efforts that facilitate the vision setting, design, build, and rollout of critical program tech tools across the organization. This includes facilitating conversations between the appropriate national and regional program experts, and the IT UX and product team members to inform the vision, design & development of the tools. It will also involve laterally managing members of the National Program Implementation team to develop pilot and tool rollout strategies and the resources/collateral needed for staff & Program Directors (teachers) to support the deployment & use of the tool org-wide
- Defining the Opportunity or Problem (25%): Strengthening product design, evolution and roll out strategies by identifying the highest priority learning questions, selecting and implementing the most appropriate testing and learning methods, and socializing the findings effectively across key stakeholder groups. Design and collaboratively execute pilots, A/B tests, and other appropriate experimentation strategies to further inform the design of program tech products. In collaboration with the Director, User Experience Design, employ human-centered user research methods with OneGoal staff, Program Directors, and Fellows/Alumni to inform which new tools we need to make OneGoal work, and which of our current products to grow, improve, maintain, or sunset.
- Synthesizing, Integrating & Developing Strategies (15%): Investing National and Regional program teams in the vision for custom Program Director and Fellow facing tech products to ensure they have an improved understanding of and appreciation for program tools and their overall impact on program outcomes.
- Contributing to strengthening the OneGoal community (Ongoing and Continuous): Work to achieve meaningful outcomes, contribute to building a strong team and culture, and commit to your own learning + development aligned to our Core Values.
- Position may include occasional travel to support the launch and evolution of our Program Tech Tools.
The Senior Director of Program Tools + Development is likely to see himself/herself/themselves in the following examples as they are designed to help you determine if this opportunity aligns with your own passion, purpose, skills, and experiences.
Critical Mindsets / Competencies:
You believe deeply in our Fellows and their ability to graduate from college.
- You believe that our Fellows face real systemic barriers to college graduation, and that empowering their families, their teachers and themselves to own their unique path will help them to overcome those barriers.
You have strong organizing, planning and execution skills.
- You are able to get work done by effectively organizing, prioritizing, tracking and managing workflows while marshaling and using appropriate resources.
You see opportunities in problems and are able to critically diagnose towards solutions.
- You pursue the highest impact course of action by identifying a range of problems or opportunities, and prioritizing which to pursue based on potential for impact
You are a coalition builder.
- You cultivate relationships with the understanding that our students are best served when we collaborate to meet all of their needs.
- You are both humble and optimistic about the role OneGoal can play within a partner school, with a commitment to serving more students, better.
- You are driven both by data and experience, recognizing that decision-making and strategy require evidence as well as a drive to dream big.
You value working collaboratively and innovatively.
- You constantly strive to learn from and share learnings with your teammates, no matter your current knowledge or experience.
- You know when and how to engage other key stakeholders that have the insight and positional authority to help you and others overcome obstacles and seize viable beneficial opportunities in a timely way.
- You do not operate as a blind executor of pre-existing practices; instead, you thoughtfully evaluate the OneGoal program and identify ways to elevate our program’s effectiveness.
- Lived experience of the Fellows we serve (Preferred)
- A postsecondary degree at the associate or bachelor’s level (Required)
- Expertise with human-centered design thinking principles (Strongly Preferred)
- Experience developing and launching new programs tools, products, or innovations (Required)
- Experience designing and collaboratively executing pilots. A/B tests, and other appropriate experimentation strategies to further inform the design of products. (Required)
- Ability to travel, on average, 4-6 days per quarter once COVID-related travel restrictions end (Required)
This position requires that the employee be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on or before the start date. Consistent with applicable laws, OneGoal will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability (as defined by applicable law) or sincerely-held religious beliefs, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship on OneGoal.
Guided by a clear set of core values and beliefs, you will join an impressive group of more than 170 OneGoal staff across the country who believe in the untapped potential within students. The OneGoal team challenges themselves and others to regularly ask, “Is there a better way?”
The Tangible Good
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package* which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, retirement matching, paid parental leave, and more. We also offer a generous paid time off policy, including 20 paid vacation days, holidays and 9 wellness days (flexible sick time).
*OneGoal reserves the right to change benefits at any time according to business need.
You believe in people and the promise of humanity and are committed to equity and inclusion
You believe in an inclusive and culturally competent society and the essence of our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that in order to create the change we seek, each person we hire brings a remarkable and diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics that individually and collectively, will contribute to the radical change needed to move us towards a more equitable and just nation.
Throw Your Hat in the Ring.Please use the “Apply For This Job Now” link at the bottom of this page to complete an application.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to submit an application or to participate in the application or interview process, please reach out to our Human Assets Team to request an accommodation. Our Human Assets Team can be contacted at 773-321-2630 or HumanAssets@onegoalgraduation.org.
OneGoal is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of actual or perceived sex, race, color, ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability (mental or physical), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, parenthood, genetic characteristic or information, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.