Reports to: Anthony Hernandez, Director, IT
Desired Start date: August–September, 2022
Location: Preferred within a OneGoal region: Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Houston, TX; Boston, MA; New York City, NY; Bay Area, CA, but flexible within the following states: Alabama, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C., Wisconsin
Salary Range: $23.00-$24.00 per hour (or an expected annual rate of $48,000-$50,000) is the hiring pay range. This is the range a candidate would be offered to start. Please note: OneGoal aligns salaries to Cost of Labor, so the actual salary offered would be dependent on the Cost of Labor in the candidate’s living location.
Despite decades of work and millions of dollars invested, the degree divide continues to be one of our nation’s most complex and critical injustices, with deep roots in systems of oppression and racism. Only 22% of students from low-income communities earn a college degree, compared to 67% of their peers from high-income areas.
COVID-19 further exposed and exacerbated inequity, with communities of color and those in low-income areas impacted at disproportionately high rates. We are looking for individuals to join us in our fight for equity during this extremely critical time.
- OneGoal has grown from a small afterschool program serving just 32 students in Chicago to a nationwide movement that is serving some 13,500 students in six communities.
- Our model, honed over 14 years, has three core differentiators: A rigorous, culturally relevant content and experience, cohorts of students who can support each other over the course of three years, and a teacher who supports our most vulnerable students’ long-term ambitions.
- 84% of OneGoal high school graduates enroll in a postsecondary institution and 75% of those who enroll persist one year after high school.
The User Support Coordinator (USC) is often the first point of contact when using OneGoal’s technology tools. They guide staff and partners by training and educating them on best practices for a wide range of tools. The USC fields technical help requests from users, provides Level 1 and 2 support, and coordinates Level 3 support. They create compelling written and visual content for technology-based, multimedia learning environments, taking projects from concept to finished product. The USC gathers feedback from OneGoal’s staff and partners and uses it to improve communication, documentation, and training. They will also design and lead standardized training so that staff will be able to understand how software can be best used at OneGoal.
The ideal candidate will cool down situations through the usage of empathy, humor, and have an intuitive sense of when marshaling internal resources is needed. They will know how to address multiple audiences using different modalities, and they are ready to be a key support in effectively leveling up the organization’s ability to use technology while increasing adoption and satisfaction.
You will do this by:
- Manage organization’s ticketing system and design the help desk processes
- Provide level 1 and 2 support, coordinate level 3 support
- Manage internal user communities: get feedback, address concerns, increase satisfaction. Survey users to ensure that tools are used in accordance with best practices
- Create reproducible scripts for issues and solicit context so that the Level 3 IT Admin can solve problems efficiently
- Test features, evaluate potential bugs, or regression test when appropriate in collaboration with the Quality Assurance Coordinator
- Collaborate with departments to assess and evaluate training needs, effectiveness, and priorities
- Lead the design, development, and production of training videos, interactive digital training material, and help articles for commonly used systems and services
- Curate and promote usage of training materials throughout organization
- Develop internal IT knowledge base as a resource/guidebook for responding to support requests
- Assist in staff Onboarding and Offboarding tasks and inventory management during periods of high volume
- Assist in the design, development, and production of training videos, interactive digital training material, and help articles for commonly used systems and services.
Though the User Support Coordinator is likely to see himself/herself/themselves in the following examples, these are not requirements. These examples are designed to help you determine if this opportunity aligns with your own passion and purpose.
You believe deeply in our Fellows and their ability to graduate from a post-secondary institution.
- You believe that our Fellows face real systemic barriers to post-secondary completion, and that empowering their families, their teachers and themselves to own their unique path will help them to overcome those barriers.
- You understand how to speak with, interview, and interact with youth to empathize with the unique challenges and opportunities that first-generation college students may face.
- You have audacious hope for a future where every young person in America will have a real opportunity to complete their post-secondary aspiration – and the life that comes with it.
You put people first.
- You understand that people drive impact for our fellows, not technology. You work to build technology that will empower fellows and staff to spend time doing what matters: deepening authentic relationships with one another.
- Your relationships with key stakeholders are authentic and grounded in honesty, integrity, and trust. You earn people’s trust and maintain confidence by letting others speak and understanding their viewpoint.
- You believe those who are most proximate to the challenge we aim to address are best equipped to generate solutions and you demonstrate this by elevating the voices of Fellows, Program Directors (teachers), and regional teams.
You value solving problems collaboratively and innovatively.
- You thoughtfully evaluate your current approach and identify ways to elevate your effectiveness through constant self-reflection.
- You discern the appropriate mode of communication, depending on the situation and audience, to build champions and convert skeptics.
- You fall in love with the problem, not with a specific solution. You’re humble about your own proposals and know that great ideas come from collaboration and a willingness to challenge your own assumptions.
- You see change as a process, not as an event. You plan for, and have patience with, the process of changing mindsets along with workflows.
- 1-3 years of experience doing level 1 and 2 support
- 1+ years of managing a helpdesk with a ticketing system
- 1+ years of experience creating documentation for both internal and external resources
- 1+ years of experience coordinating with external level 3 support (Preferred)
- 1+ years of experience managing a knowledge base or learning management system (Preferred)
- 1+ years of experience in training (Preferred)
- Experience with creating/producing training documentation, videos
- Experience with online asynchronous training, and blended training
- Experience training multiple audiences: client, business, technical
- Experience administering and training on communication technologies, like Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Slack, and Zoom
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Views differences between individuals as an asset and demonstrates an appreciation of diversity within OneGoal and with our stakeholders
- Lived experience of the Fellows we serve (Preferred)
This position requires that the employee be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on or before the start date. Consistent with applicable laws, OneGoal will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability (as defined by applicable law) or sincerely-held religious beliefs, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship on OneGoal.
Guided by a clear set of core values and beliefs, you will join an impressive group of more than 170 OneGoal staff across the country who believe in the untapped potential within students. The OneGoal team challenges themselves and others to regularly ask, “Is there a better way?”
The Tangible Good
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package* which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, retirement matching, paid parental leave, and more. We also offer a generous paid time off policy, including 20 paid vacation days, holidays and 9 wellness days (flexible sick time).
*OneGoal reserves the right to change benefits at anytime according to business need.
You believe in people and the promise of humanity and are committed to equity and inclusion
You believe in an inclusive and culturally competent society and the essence of our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that in order to create the change we seek, each person we hire brings a remarkable and diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics that individually and collectively, will contribute to the radical change needed to move us towards a more equitable and just nation.
Throw Your Hat in the Ring
Please use the “Apply For This Job Now” link at the bottom of this page to complete an application, which includes attaching an updated resume.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to submit an application or to participate in the application or interview process, please reach out to our Human Assets Team to request an accommodation. Our Human Assets Team can be contacted at 773-321-2630 or HumanAssets@onegoalgraduation.org.
OneGoal is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of actual or perceived sex, race, color, ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability (mental or physical), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, parenthood, genetic characteristic or information, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.