Last Revised: 10/09/2019
I. ABOUT THE SERVICES
1. OneGoal is a nonprofit, college access and success organization that is working to dramatically increase the percentage of students from low-income communities who complete college. We recruit high-performing teachers—those already working in high schools in low-income communities including in Chicago, Houston, Massachusetts, Metro Atlanta, California Bay Area and New York—and provide them with the training and support to become OneGoal Program Directors. These Program Directors implement our three-year college success model with a cohort of students (OneGoal “Fellows”), beginning with in-school daily classes in their junior and senior years of high school, and continuing with remote support through the first day of their sophomore year of college. OneGoal hosts several events and fundraising events to support the communities it serves. OneGoal allows users of its Site to contact OneGoal with questions or comments, subscribe to its newsletter, nominate Program Directors and Fellows, and donate to support its mission.
- what information we may collect about you;
- what we use that information for;
- what third-party information, if any, you are agreeing to share by using the Services; and
- with whom we share that information.
II. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
- When you visit our Site and send emails to us, you are communicating with us electronically and thus consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on our Site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
III. TERMS APPLICABLE TO THE SERVICES
License to Use Services.
(b) You agree to protect the Services, and their proprietary content, information and other materials, from any unauthorized access or use, and you agree that you will not use the Services or such proprietary content, information or other materials except as expressly permitted herein or expressly authorized in writing by OneGoal. Except as specifically permitted herein or expressly authorized in writing by OneGoal, you agree that you will not directly or indirectly: (i) distribute, sell, assign, encumber, transfer, rent, lease, loan, sublicense, modify, time-share or otherwise exploit the Services in any unauthorized manner, including but not limited to by trespass or burdening network capacity; (ii) use the Services in any service bureau arrangement; (iii) copy, reproduce, adapt, create derivative works of, translate, localize, port or otherwise modify the Services, any updates, or any part thereof in any form or manner or by any means; (iv) harvest or scrape any content or data from the Service, or (v) permit or enable any third party to engage in any of the acts described in clauses (i) through (iv).
You further understand and agree that you are not permitted to: (w) remove or alter any copyright or other proprietary rights’ notice or restrictive rights legend contained or included in the Services; (x) decompile, disassemble, reverse compile, reverse assemble, reverse translate or otherwise reverse engineer any part of the Services, any updates, or any part thereof (except as and only to the extent any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law or to the extent as may be permitted by the licensing terms governing use of any open sourced components included with the Services); (y) use any means to discover the source code of any portion of the Services; or (z) otherwise circumvent any functionality that controls access to or otherwise protects the Services. Any attempt to do any of the foregoing is a violation of the rights of OneGoal and its licensors. If you breach these restrictions, you may be subject to prosecution and damages. You further agree not to use the Services in any manner to harass, abuse, stalk, threaten, defame or otherwise infringe or violate the rights of any other party, and that OneGoal is not in any way responsible for any such use by you, nor for any harassing, threatening, defamatory, offensive or illegal messages or transmissions that you may receive as a result of using the Services.
Third Party Services and Materials.
(a) Certain Services may display, include or make available content, data, forms, information, applications (including payment applications) or materials from third parties (“Third Party Materials”) or provide links to certain third party web sites. For example, when you click the “Donate” button on the Site, you may be directed to a donation page operated by our third party service provider that collects and processes donations on our behalf. By using the Services, you acknowledge and agree that OneGoal is not responsible for examining or evaluating the content, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect of such Third Party Materials or web sites. OneGoal does not warrant or endorse and does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person for any third-party services, Third Party Materials or web sites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third parties. Third Party Materials and links to other web sites are provided solely as a convenience to you.
(b) In addition, third party services and Third Party Materials that may be accessed from, displayed on or linked to the Services are not available in all languages or in all countries. OneGoal makes no representation that any third party services and Third Party Materials are appropriate or available for use in any particular location. To the extent you choose to access such services or Third Party Materials, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws, including but not limited to applicable local laws.
IV. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES + LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Service. You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the Services is at your sole risk and that the entire risk as to satisfactory quality, performance, accuracy and effort is with you. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Services (including, without limitation, any Third Party Materials, third party software or services) are provided to you on an “as is” and “as available” basis, with all faults and without warranty of any kind, and OneGoal hereby expressly disclaims all warranties and conditions with respect to the Services (including the use, performance and support thereof), either express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties and/or conditions of merchantability, of satisfactory quality, of fitness for a particular purpose, of accuracy, of quiet enjoyment, title or non-infringement of third party rights, interference with enjoyment, completeness, integration, freedom from defects or disabling devices, uninterrupted use and all warranties implied from any course of dealing or usage of trade. OneGoal does not warrant that (i) the Services will meet your requirements, (ii) operation of the Services will be uninterrupted or virus- or error-free, (iii) the Services will operate or be compatible with any other application or any particular system or device, or (iv) defects in the Services will be corrected. Any oral or written advice provided by OneGoal or its authorized agents will not be deemed to create any warranty. No oral or written information or advice given by OneGoal or its authorized representative shall create a warranty. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties so some or all of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
- OneGoal’s name, OneGoal’s logo and all related names, logos, designs and slogans are trademarks of OneGoal or its affiliates or licensors. Other names, logos, designs and slogans that appear on the Services are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by us.
- Any and all (i) suggestions for correction, change and modification to the Services and other feedback (including but not limited to quotations of written or oral feedback), information and reports provided to OneGoal by you (collectively “Feedback”), and all (ii) improvements, updates, modifications or enhancements, whether made, created or developed by OneGoal or otherwise relating to the Services (collectively, “Revisions”), are and will remain the property of OneGoal. You acknowledge and expressly agree that any contribution of Feedback or Revisions does not and will not give or grant you any right, title or interest in the Services or in any such Feedback or Revisions. All Feedback and Revisions become the sole and exclusive property of OneGoal and OneGoal may use and disclose Feedback and/or Revisions in any manner and for any purpose whatsoever without further notice or compensation to you and without retention by you of any proprietary or other right or claim. You hereby assign to OneGoal any and all right, title and interest (including, but not limited to, any patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, show-how, know-how, moral rights and any and all other intellectual property right) that you may have in and to any and all Feedback and Revisions. At OneGoal’s request, you will execute any document, registration or filing required to give effect to the foregoing assignment.
VI. GENERAL PROVISIONS
You agree that you will not export or re-export, directly or indirectly the Services and/or other information or materials provided by OneGoal hereunder, to any country for which the United States or any other relevant jurisdiction requires any export license or other governmental approval at the time of export without first obtaining such license or approval. In particular, but without limitation, the Services may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S. embargoed countries or any country that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country, or (b) to anyone listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties, including the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons. You are responsible for and hereby agree to comply at your sole expense with all applicable United States export laws and regulations.
U.S. Government Restricted Rights.
The Services and related documentation are “Commercial Items”, as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of “Commercial Computer Software” and “Commercial Computer Software Documentation”, as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein.
SMS Messaging and Telephone Calls.
Certain portions of the Services may allow us to contact you via telephone calls or text messages. You understand and agree that OneGoal may contact you regarding the Services or related matters via telephone calls or text messages (including through the use of an automatic telephone dialing system or a prerecorded or artificial voice) at any of the telephone numbers provided by you or on your behalf in connection with your use of the Services, and that your consent to such communications is not required for your use of the Services. You understand and agree that you may opt out of receiving telephone calls or text messages from us at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and that this method represents the exclusive means for opting out.
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users of the Service receive the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112 Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.